Our client is a successful and established business who are looking for a warehouse operative to join their close-knit team.
If you have a passion for warehouse work, customer service and a keen eye for detail and want to make a positive contribution to the continued growth of a business this is a unique opportunity.
It is based in Alton.
Ideally, candidates will have experience and a great track record in warehouse work with qualifications to use a forklift and health and safety essentials, along with an understanding of warehouse practices. A practical working knowledge of goods in and inventory control would be advantageous.
Our client will provide a comprehensive induction programme, extensive training and opportunities for career develo pment.
- Unloading goods from suppliers and loading of customer orders.
- Placing goods into the correct storage bays and ensuring that all stock is stored safely and securely to allow future access and movement and in line with required health, safety and environmental standards.
- Pick goods accuratelyand on time for dispatch.
- Keep the warehouse neat, tidy, presentable and free of hazards at all times.
- Completing required paperwork and administration duties that relate to the efficient running of the warehouse.
- Support the purchasing team by reporting stock levels and helping in keeping these at the required level.
- Using the forklift and other warehouse equipment in accordance with safe working practices.
- Assist with goods in procedures and checking deliveries for quality, quantity and damage.
- Ensure the warehouse and yard areas are kept clean and presentable at all times and that any spillages are promptly cleaned and waste minimised
- Disposal of waste in line with the companys required environmental practices.
- Supporting the purchasing team with inventory reviews and stock checks as required.
- Interacting with colleagues and customers on a daily basis.
Working with our client you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction programme with opportunities for further training and development.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Pension scheme.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Career progression.
- A challenging and rewarding working environment.
- Job satisfaction.