Goods In Warehouse Operative
Our client is a successful and established business who are looking for a Goods In warehouse operative to join their close-knit team.
This vacancy has arisen as a result rapid business growth and is an addition to the existing team.If you have a passion for warehouse work, customer service and a keen eye for detail and want to make a positive contribution to the continued growth of a business this is a unique opportunity.
It is based in Alton.
Ideally, candidates will have experience and a great track record in Goods In warehouse work with very good IT skills and qualifications to use a forklift and health and safety essentials, along with an understanding of warehouse practices. A practical working knowledge of goods in and inventory control would be advantageous.
Our client will provide a comprehensive induction programme, extensive training and opportunities for career development.
- Unloading goods from suppliers and completing the required administration to register them on the required IT systems.
- Checking deliveries for quality, quantity and any damage.
- Report and record any discrepancies and damage on the system, to the procurement team and suppliers.
- Placing goods into the correct storage bays and ensuring that all stock is stored safely and securely to allow future access and movement and in line with required health, safety and environmental standards.
- Keep the warehouse neat, tidy, presentable and free of hazards at all timesand that any spillages are promptly cleaned and waste minimised.
- Completing other required paperwork and administration duties that relate to the efficient running of the warehouse.
- Support the purchasing team by reporting stock levels and helping in keeping these at the required level.
- Using the forklift and other warehouse equipment in accordance with safe working practices.
- Assist with goods out procedures
- Disposal of waste in line with the companys required environmental practices.
- Supporting the purchasing team with inventory reviews and stock checks as required.
- Interacting with colleagues and customers on a daily basis.
Working with our client you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction programme with opportunities for further training and development.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Pension scheme.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Career progression.
- A challenging and rewarding working environment.
- Job satisfaction.