Security Administration Officer - 102010-1
Security Administration Officer - £30,000 per annum PAYE - 6 Month Contract Starting January 2021
Remote working initially - the role will then be based in Reading should restrictions change.
Our client is a global technology organisation who requires a Security Administration Officer to underpin all areas of the day to day administrative duties essential to the smooth operation of all aspects of a Secure facility, supporting their Secure Business and Service delivery into UK Central Government, Local Government, MOD and Police together with their partners.
This is a great opportunity for a confident self-starter to gain new skills and grow into a role in an interesting and well-established team/area.
This role involves the administration of the day-to-day physical and access control for the Secure facility.
The key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Carry out a range of largely reactive security related administrative duties to support The Security Controllers and The Vetting Manager these tasks relate to the operation of a secure facility and security clearances.
- Act as the facility Security SME for facility users and visitors
- Manage and act on items received in the group mailboxes for vetting and the secure facility.
Promote and Support the secure use of the facility for classified engagements.
- Verify the legitimate and secure use of the facility.
- Responsible for Escorting contractors for facility maintenance.
- Keep abreast of defence industry related security issues and provide physical and procedural security advice to staff, Contractors and Customers.
- Attend monthly reviews for the Security Controllers to check workload, compliance, feedback and ensure best practice.
- Ability to gain SC clearance.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities to support the work of others and make the security teams job run more smoothly by helping when needed.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of personnel; demonstrated ability to change direction in response to changing work situations.
- Familiarity with security risk management principles and know or be able to learn how these apply to the smooth running of a secure facility
- Must be proactive, able to deal with ambiguity, self-prioritise work resources, and juggle multiple tasks in a manner transparent to the team.
- Must have the ability to work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to accommodate varied working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Remote Brain Injury Case Manager
- Workstream Lead – Recruitment and Onboarding
- Workstream Lead – Change
- Surfacing Supervisor
- Surfacing Supervisor
- Solicitor/Legal executive- housing disrepair
- Data and Operations Analyst - 103827-1
- Embedded Tester - 103799-1
- Head of Validation
- Azure Architect
- Azure Developer
- Principal Valuation and Housing Surveyor
- Press and New Media Officer
- Injection Moulding Technician
- Capacity Planner
- Press Officer
- Laboratory Manager
- Digital Solutions Architect
- Senior DevOps Engineer - 103782-1
- Shift Maintenance Engineer