Freighter Manager and Marine Manager
Freighter Manager & Marine Engineer - £43000 - £48000 + Uplift for overseas work - Greenwich + Worldwide Travel
A market leading organisation are currently recruiting for someone to join the team as a Freighter Manager.
Succesful candidates should have a strong background in the Marine industry with Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture being prefered.
This position does also come with a substantial amount of worldwide travel so applicants need to be happy to spend periods of time overseas, as you may be required to spend up to 70% of your time at different key sites.
- Management of freighter mobilization, transfer operations worldwide for telecommunications cable and associated submerged equipment
- Design of cable storage and cable handling equipment
- Managing fabrication, commissioning and planned maintenance of cable handling equipment
- Team supervision, QHSE and costs control of freighter and depot operations
- Working in close conjunction with Project Mangers, and Vessel crew
Desired Education, Training and Qualifications
- Marine Engineering: knowledge and understanding of General engineering systems on board ships, Ships, Machinery, and Hydraulic systems.
- Naval Architecture: On board steel work design, Auto Cad, Basic knowledge of vessel stability calculation.
- Materials in Marine Engineering: Overview of metals, used in the marine environment
- Basic Electrical Engineering Principles: DC Circuit Theory; AC Circuit Theory.
Electrical Power: DC Machines-basic theory; AC circuit theory diagrams, power factor.
- Engineering Mathematics, basic understanding of first and second ordinary differential circuit equation
- Lifting and Sling, Offshore Safety
- Shipping Qualifications and Skills: Vessel itinerary planning, Practical knowledge of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code, Knowledge and experience of coordination in port operations of small and large vessels, Experience of dealing with international regulatory authorities and port agents also an advantage
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, E-mail, PowerPoint), and Basic MCA Certification
Desired Personal Attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, with the flexibility to support remote works and travel requirements
- Highly proactive motivated and positive 'can do' attitude.
- People focused, with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Our client is looking to receive applications now so please apply to be considered for interview.
For more information, contact Matt Whittaker at Navis Consulting.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Commercial Officer
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Regulatory Compliance Engineer
- Maintenance Technician
- Multi Skilled Technician – Site Engineering
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
- Technical Engineering Specialist
- Senior Policy Advisor-RQ406420
- Dynamics 365 Lead
- Business Analyst
- Quality Engineer
- QA Operations Manager
- HR Advisor-
- Organisational Learning Lead
- Senior P&I Claims Adjuster - London
- Recruitment Manager - 7773411921792
- Adult Social Care Lawyer
- Experienced Case Manager
- Specialist Case Manager
- Clinical Lead - Multi Trauma