Trainee Engineering Spares Advisor / Junior Service Admin
Trainee Engineering Spares Advisor / Junior Customer Service Admin (residing within approx.
5 miles of Knutsford) required for a permanent position in the Knutsford, Cheshire area.
Salary is NMW and the basic working week is 37.5 hours (8:00am - 4:30pm Mon - Fri).
Applicants must be organised, excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, PC literate, Maths & English GCSE (Grade C or higher), ideally have an interest in engineering, previous customer service experience is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate wanting to start a career in Engineering Spares / Service or with some previous experience in a similar role.
Salary & Benefits:-
- National Minimum Wage
- 20 days holiday plus bank hols - increasing 1 day a year to a max of 25 days plus bank hols
- Company Pension Plan
- Yearly company bonus (dependent on company performance and is discretionary)
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Service Team Leader, provide support to both the spares and service administration functions within the department.
To assist in preparing necessary documentation and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records for both the service and spares functions.
Day to day duties of the successful Engineering Spares Advisor / Service Admin include:
- Provide administration support to the spares and service departments.
- Assisting with customer enquiries relating to the supply of spare parts and service support.
- Receive and process customer orders for spare parts and maintain appropriate records of customer and supplier correspondence using ERP and CRM software.
- Process spares order received through the website and assist in the ongoing updating and maintenance of the company's spares website to ensure that all customer and part details are accurate.
- Process service documentation using the current ERP and CRM software.
- Assist with the courier delivery of parcels to the UK and overseas via telephone or websites.
- Help with picking and packing of parts and keeping the relevant records up to date.
- Provide customers with updates on the status of their spares order and inform them if required of any expected late deliveries
- Actively promote the company's spares function to customers.
- Assist with making the necessary arrangements for the Service Engineer to attend site.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to keep them informed of the status of their service enquiry.
- Kitting / ordering parts for service / breakdown visits.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Carry out all activities in a manner that adhere to H&S policies and procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
To be suitable for this Trainee Engineering Spares Advisor / Junior Service Administrator role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Qualified to GCSE standard including Maths and English at grade C or higher.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Organised, methodical and attentive to detail.
- Sociable / outgoing, self-motivated, able to overcome objections, resilient and ability to influence.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Interested in engineering.
- PC Computer literate in MS Word, Excel software.
The ideal Trainee Spares Advisor / Service Admin will have the following skills / experience:
- Qualified to A-level or completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering components.
- Confident telephone manner with recent experience of providing service to commercial customers via telephone / in person and email, preferably for a manufacturing or engineering company.
- Experience of working in stores / warehouse.
- Previously used CRM / MRP / ERP software.
- Full UK driving licence
Key words: Engineering Spares, Administrator, Customer Services, Administration, Clerical, Trainee, Apprentice, Junior, ERP, Syspro, MRP, CRM, Salesforce, Materials Requirements Planning, Engineering, Stores, Logistics, Warehouse, Telesales, Sales, Manufacturing, Food, Pharmaceutical, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire
The successful Trainee Spares Advisor / Service Admin will need to demonstrate a degree of flexibility.
The successful applicant will need to have a practical approach to work along with the relevant qualifications / experience.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience, please click on the apply now button.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Control Electrical Section Head
- Supply Chain Manager
- Service Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Panel Wireman / Electrical Fitter
- Panel Wireman
- EHS Administrator
- QHSE Manager - Manufacturing / Water
- Mechanical Assembly Technician / Mechanical Fitter / Engineer
- Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer
- Purchasing Clerk (part time)
- Customer Service / Sales Administrator Spanish French speaking
- Electricians Mate
- Financial Controller
- Electricians Mate
- Software Developer
- Senior Electrical (EC&I) Engineer
- Project Manager - Process Systems
- CNC Programmer - Siemens NX
- 3rd Line Support Desk Engineer