This is a great opportunity to join a growing, independent company within the construction sector.
The scaffolding industry has experienced a shortage of people for a long period of time and with commercial and residential builds on the rise and the relaxing in planning rules, our client expects this to continue.
This role will be part of the first system scaffolding apprenticeship in the U.K. The objective is to attract and retain talent into the scaffolding industry to develop tomorrow's experts.
With the age restrictions removed from apprenticeship schemes, this opportunity is open to either people leaving education or those making the decision to retrain and change career.
This apprenticeship scheme is run in conjunction with partners at Layher Systems who offer an unrivalled system scaffolding product.
With exceptional green credentials and a growing in popularity across construction sites and commercial builds, this is a trade with long-term opportunity.
You will start on an 18 to 24 month training programme, which is mostly practical on-the-job training, supported by three training courses held at the training centres in London and Warrington.
You may already be working in the construction industry and looking to learn a trade or new trade, or you could be working in a completely different industry such as hospitality, fitness and retail.
What's important is your commitment to learning a new skill and your desire to settle into a growth industry.
You'll have a natural regard for safety and following procedures for the good of the team and the build.
Early starts and the great outdoors will also be something you embrace in all seasons.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements as directed
- Attend all Apprenticeship training sessions, which will require five residential stays across the Apprenticeship period
- Prepare for learning assessments required under the Apprenticeship scheme
- Acquire English and Maths L1 alongside Level 2 CISRS Layher Scaffolding qualification, if you do not currently hold English and Maths GCSE equivalent
- Working as part of a team you will build and dismantle scaffolding on new house builds, industrial and commercial buildings
- Working on sites throughout the Midlands, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire area
- Be considerate to other trades working to their timescales around you
- Be responsible for your own and others health and safety, adhering to all guidelines and site regulations
Attitude and Approach
- Ask relevant questions when working on-the-job and when attending training courses
- Actively listen to advice, instruction and feedback provided by your team and Contract Manager
- A positive 'get stuck in' mentality
- Hard working and dedicated to achieving the best results
- Trust-worthy and committed to doing the right thing
- Applies a logical approach to work application and problem solving
- Take ownership for own behaviour and actions
Training Salary Band: Up to £26,000 per annum
Qualified Salary Band: £40,000 to £60,000 per annum
You will be working towards a Qualification in CISRS Layher Scaffolder Card And English and Maths Level 1 Certificate (for those not currently holding English and Maths GCSE equivalent)
Holidays: 28, inclusive of statutory Bank Holidays
Pension Scheme: Enrolled in Company pension scheme after qualifying period
Employ Direct is an advertising service of Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited.
When applying for this role, should you be successful, your details will be forwarded directly to our client and they will contact you.
- Rate: Salary up to £26,000
- Location: Oxford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
- Tel: 01295 680800
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-12-14 13:32:58 -
- View all Jobs from Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
More Jobs from Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
- Payroll Implementation Partner
- Payroll Executive
- Internal Sales Administrator
- Social Media Manager
- Service Support Administrator
- Data Scientist / Data Analyst
- Accounts Assistant
- LGV/HIAB Driver
- Tax Consultant
- Audit and Accounts Senior
- Agriculture and Property Manager
- Accountant (Agri Manager)
- Sales Administrator 12 Month FTC
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Plumbing Internal Sales Assistant
- Customer Relationship Executive
- Customer Service Executive x 2
- Telemarketing Executive
- Sales Executive
- Data Scientist/Analyst