Location: Southport, Liverpool
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 depending on level of experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join a growing business in the manufacturing and engineering sector.
As the Buyer you should be able to demonstrate sound commercial awareness, with a good understanding and knowledge of modern material management principle and practices.
The Buyer will need to have good communication skills and demonstrates good negotiating skills.
Key responsibilities and experience required for the Buyer role:
- Previous experience of dealing with Quotations and Purchase Orders.
- Experience dealing with the purchase of materials, sub-assemblies and related parts.
- Confident with using IT, Windows, Spreadsheets, CRM, etc.
- Ensure a suitable and robust process is in place to manage the effectiveness of supplier performance.
- Previous experience using an ERP, MRP or SAP system for material forecasting, monitoring and controlling inventory levels.
- Experience of raising purchase orders, expediting, receiving materials, and reconciliations.
- Good investigative skills, following up paper trails, chasing suppliers & orders etc
- Excellent organisational skills.
To apply for the Buyer/Purchasing vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Managing Consultant at Cartisian Technical Recruitment, at
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Birmingham, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ