Quality Control Coordinator
SCA Wood UK's Melton site is going through an exciting change.
The aim is to increase the level of available production hours to support SCA's customer expectations.
SCA are moving to a permanent days (6am-6pm) or nights (6pm-6am) working 4 on and 4 off shift pattern, which is due to start from 1st January 2021.
As a result of this change, SCA are increasing their workforce to support the creation of an extra team within the production and warehouse facility.
Therefore, we are looking for a Quality Control Coordinator who is able to support our busy warehouse function.
Your next challenge
Working alongside the Quality Manager & Quality Coordinator you will help to ensure raw material & machined goods comply with quality guidelines.
This role would suit someone who is used to handling machined timber goods & who has knowledge of the expectations for quality.
The ideal candidate must have timber knowledge with experience in a production & warehouse environment.
Knowledge of quality checks and specifications would be highly advantageous.
The candidate should also have experience of influencing & liaising with suppliers.
Any experience of troubleshooting would be essential.
What 'wood' you be doing?
Quality Control Coordinators, on a day to day basis will be expected to:
* Improve and/or create processes and controls with specific focus on:
* Raw material QC processes
* Manufacturing QC processes within 9 areas of Production
* Finished products QC processes
* Work closely with the General Manager & Quality team to continuously improve methods, processes & practices
* Ensure raw materials, finished goods & components are checked against agreed specifications and/or standards
* Take responsibility for the quality control of raw material & finished goods production
* Ensure all quality issues, problems & solutions are reported
* Educate colleagues with best practice QA & QC practices; assisting in training of any new or existing colleagues
Hours: permanent days (6am-6pm) working 4 on and 4 off shift pattern
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
* At least two years' experience of working within QC function
* A work related qualification is desirable.
* Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level and Word, Powerpoint and Outlook to a basic level.
What 'wood' you be like?
* Positive outlook and 'can do' attitude towards issues and problems.
* Proactive in finding solutions.
* Desire to progress and learn about Quality Assurance.
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive hourly rate of between 10.07 and 11.07 dependant on experience.
Generous shift allowances will be offered as well as pension contributions (up to 10%), 24 days holiday (inc bank holidays), bonus potential, life assurance x 4 and exclusive access to a discount and cashback portal giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK
More Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
- NVQ 2 Plumber - London
- Fire Door Engineer
- Sprinkler Service Engineer
- Remedial Works Manager - Plumbing
- Sales Director
- Highways Patching Contract Lead - Client Facing
- Multi-skilled Engineer (Nights)
- Toolroom Technician (Nights)
- Fork Lift Truck Driver
- Sideloader Driver
- Payments Assistant
- Housing Team Assistant - 6 month FTC
- Production Administrator
- Fileld Sales Executive
- Sales Executive
- Strategic Lead for Safeguarding and Practice Improvement
- Toolroom Technician
- Warehouse Operative
- Production Supervisor