Transport Planner (experience preferred) - Dover, Kent
Salary: £30-34K dependent on experience + benefits
Our client is currently looking for a strong Transport Planner to join the company to assist a current team of 3 in a busy transport environment with further opportunities to progress within this growing business.
Founded in over 50 years ago our client is a Kent based transport company whose key strengths are their reliability in finding flexible solutions to meet their customers needs.
Currently operate throughout the UK, France, and Benelux regions of Europe.
Our clients experienced team of professional drivers and conscientious office staff are dedicated to providing a first rate service.
They operate a fleet of 80 flatbed trailers ideally suited to carry a variety of goods.
The standard measurements of our trailers are 13.6m in length, 2.5m in width and 1.4 metres in height.
However our client is also experienced in delivering abnormal loads.
Our client is based in Kent and ideally suited operationally as they import goods from Belgium, Holland and Northern France via the shipping routes of Zeebrugge/Rotterdam into Purfleet/Tilbury docks for deliveries to the South of England, Wales and the Midlands.
For deliveries to the North of England and Scotland they utilise the ports of Hull, Immingham and Teesport to enable them to continue to provide competitive quotes.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience of working within the transport industry (UK and Europe) preferable but not essential.
Accustomed to working in a busy and pressured office environment.
Good geographical knowledge of the UK would be beneficial.
* Some involvement in planning work on a daily basis for drivers would be preferable, but not a mandatory requirement.
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise effectively with drivers, customers, work colleagues and members of the public is a requirement.
A very professional and friendly telephone manner is essential to the role.
* Outstanding customer service skills.
* The individual would need to have good problem solving skills and be able to adapt to a changing environment and to take responsibility for decisions made under own initiative as and when required.
* The applicant will need to have very good organisational skills to keep on top of a variety of essential time specific tasks.
* Adept at developing new business/clients to aid continued growth of the company, so a high level of market marketing skills are required.
* You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Undertake the daily planning for 18 vehicles.
This involves meeting timed deliveries as required by customers and finding suitable reloads.
* Organising the shipment of trailers by booking them on relevant sailings to ensure operation runs smoothly.
* Responsible for providing new quotes to existing and new customers.
* Reviewing current practises to ensure the business is using the most cost effective solution.
* Support colleague with maintenance/repairs of vehicles and trailers, such as creating schedules and monitoring costs.
* Undertake and maintain health and safety records in accordance with current industry compliance including Silver FORS standards.
* Answering any incoming phone calls and dealing with them in the appropriate way.
* Imputing company data on a variety or spreadsheets/ systems.
* Carry out any other tasks required to keep the transport office and vehicles/drivers running efficiently.
* Learning other roles within the business to assist in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded team of employees that are dedicated to making every project a great success.
You'll get a package including a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and additional benefits.
* £30k - £34k Dependent on Experience + benefits
* The chance to work for a growing organisation
* Professional development with the chance to progress within the business
* Holiday - 20 days A/L
* Monday - Friday: 8am-5pm (40 hours per week).
Occasional out of hour's calls as and when required.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Associate Dentist - Part Time
- Principal - Primary School
- Business Analyst
- Mobile Apps Developer
- Insurance Consultant
- Business Development Manager
- Groundworkers / Pavers
- Early Years Assistant
- Room Manager - Under Two?s
- Advanced Steel Draughtsmen
- Website Support Executive
- Management Information (MI) Team Lead
- Early Years Practitioner - Part Time
- Recruitment Consultant - Work From Home
- Experienced Recruiters : Work From Home
- Nursery Cook
- Early Years Practitioner
- Project Manager : Audio Visual Industry
- Business Analyst
- Senior Building Surveyor