Materials Scientist: Liquid Chromatography. - Cambs
My clients in Cambridgeshire are looking for a Materials Scientist: Liquid Chromatography.
This role is commutable from Saffron Walden, Royston, Cambridge, Bedford, St.
The successful candidate will provide multi-instrumental characterisation data together with high quality analysis, interpretation, and reporting with particular emphasis on the purity analysis and characterisation of materials by liquid chromatography techniques, including LC-MS and HPLC.
They will improve current characterisation methods and provide scientific structure property correlations.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Strong scientific contribution in expert purity analysis, interpretation, and reporting with specific hands on and theoretical contribution to liquid chromatography techniques, including LC-MS and HPLC.
• Characterisation of both novel and known small molecule and polymer systems to a high standard, to agreed timescales, with high quality documentation and reporting within the project context.
• Scientific contribution to research projects including making proposals for material correlation investigations, developing chemical analytical methods, contributing to idea generation and problem-solving sessions, and project meeting discussions.
• Effective communication with all team members to distribute results, problems and make next step recommendations in a timely fashion.
• Identification and management of Open Innovation partners and/or external providers for analytical techniques that are not available in-house.
• Degree and PhD, or equivalent work experience, in chemistry, materials science, chemical analysis, or a related subject.
• Proven expertise in characterisation of materials and identification of impurities by liquid chromatographic techniques, including LC-MS and HPLC.
• Demonstrable experience of detailed interpretation of analytical chemistry results and data to draw clear conclusions and recommendations
• Computer literacy - familiarity with Windows & Microsoft Office products and chemical drawing packages would be ideal.
It would be an advantage if you have any of the following:
• Working knowledge of other analytical techniques, for example, NMR; GC-MS; FT-IR; PLQY; UV-VIS; GPC; DSC; Electrochemistry; SEM/EDS; GC-FID; DSC.
• Additional experience in a material science or analytical role in industry or post-doctoral position.
• Experience of characterisation of a wide variety of materials.
• Experience of identifying, initiating and coordinating effective collaborations with other researchers and/or service providers.
The salary range for this role is £35-38k per annum plus benefits but this is flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for this Material Scientist: Liquid Chromatography role in Cambridgeshire please contact us ASAP!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary plus benefits
- Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Contact: Andy Grant
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MSLC-401649-AG
- Posted: 2020-12-15 15:05:06 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited