System Safety Engineer - Bristol
System Safety Engineer
Competitive Salary and Benefits
I'm currently working with a market leading defence company and an opportunity has arisen to join their team, lending your safety and system engineering skills to influence the safety aspects of their technically complex and challenging products.
This will involve optimising the effort devoted to safety assurance, whilst exploring the boundaries of best practice.
In this role you will need to balance time and cost constraints to ensure that a safety case, comprising appropriate evidence, is constructed.
To do this, you will need to understand the system and its operating context, so that you can decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively show that the identified hazards have been mitigated to the customer's satisfaction.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems and safety assessment processes.
- Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
- Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem solving skills.
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable.
Experience of other engineering disciplines (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
Please be aware that these roles will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Remote Brain Injury Case Manager
- Workstream Lead – Recruitment and Onboarding
- Workstream Lead – Change
- Surfacing Supervisor
- Surfacing Supervisor
- Solicitor/Legal executive- housing disrepair
- Data and Operations Analyst - 103827-1
- Embedded Tester - 103799-1
- Head of Validation
- Azure Architect
- Azure Developer
- Principal Valuation and Housing Surveyor
- Press and New Media Officer
- Injection Moulding Technician
- Capacity Planner
- Press Officer
- Laboratory Manager
- Digital Solutions Architect
- Senior DevOps Engineer - 103782-1
- Shift Maintenance Engineer