Community Engagement Officer
About the Organisation
Bushfire Recovery Victoria (BRV) is a new Victorian Government Agency that has partnered with local government and communities to rebuild and recover after bushfire disaster.
BRV's vision is that individuals, families, communities, businesses, and regions are stronger and more resilient through community led recovery.
About the Role
Based in the East Gippsland region, the primary focus of the Community Engagement Officer is to support Bushfire Recovery Victoria's engagement with local Community Recovery Committees and other key community groups and organisations.
Stakeholder engagement and relationship management will be key to optimising recovery outcomes for community, as will working in partnership with East Gippsland Shire Council capturing the community's recovery needs and priorities in a Community Recovery Plan.
Administrative and logistical support for community meetings, events and activities will be essential, as will your contribution to the overall strategy and direction of Bushfire Recovery Victoria, the delivery of priorities, and contributing to a high performing workforce that is safety and wellbeing focussed, service-orientated, collaborative, innovative, professional and engaged.
Other areas of responsibility
- Work collaboratively with BRV regional team to support community engagement and outreach as required
- Assist Community Recovery Committees to access information, resources and advice
- Share information across BRV to build awareness of local recovery activities and events
- Assist the Community Engagement Facilitator to support the establishment, governance and operations of community recovery committees and associated community recovery planning
- Ensure Community Recovery Committee governance and data is captured to ensure compliance and efficiency and suggest relevant updates as required
- Provide administrative and other support to the Community Engagement Facilitator and Community Recovery Hubs, if required
Experience and qualifications
- Experience in community engagement or community development and community planning (minimum 2 years, 3-5 years preferred)
- Proven project management skills
- Well established experience in an administration, secretarial or coordination function
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience in disaster recovery is desirable
- An Australian Driver's Licence is desirable
Position Description //www.gbsrecruitment.com.au/media/gbs-recruitment/client/Bushfire Recovery Victoria/BRV Position Description - Community Engagement Officer (East Gippsland) VPS4_ (2).pdf
(If you are unable to click the link, copy and paste into your browser.
If you experience any issues with this please contact GBS Recruitment directly.)
How to Apply
All applications must be received via the GBS Recruitment website www.gbsrecruitment.com.au (Ref No: 200012709).
Please upload your cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications and responses to the Key Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description, along with your resume.
For a confidential discussion in regard to this role, please contact Rachael Newton on 0409 747 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on experience and skill level.
Flexible or shared working arrangements negotiable.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from GBS Recruitment
- Sales Consultant
- Machine Operator
- Veterinary Receptionist
- Machine Operator
- Process Worker/Forklift Operator
- General Hand
- Planning Officer
- Environmental Health Officer
- General Hand
- General Labourer
- Delivery Driver
- Personal Assistant
- Casual Relief Teachers
- Community Laws Officer
- General Labourer/Operator
- Early Childhood Educators
- Account Manager (Maternity Leave)
- Account Manager