£28,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 37 hours
Your skills, experiences and attributes will include...
• Experience working in Shipping / Import / Export is vital for this role
• A ‘technical’ background e.g.
engineering / manufacturing would be highly beneficial
• Experience in handling various shipping documentation such as Certificate of Origins, Letter of Credit, Cash Against Documents etc
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to multi-task and undertake several projects at once
• Able to work autonomously
• Strong attention to detail is crucial for this role.
• Man management experience would be an added benefit
You will be responsible for managing the movement of goods globally via Sea, Air and Road.
Your duties will include...
• Manage the import of goods into the UK and export of goods worldwide.
• Liaising with various freight companies to ensure competitive pricing.
• Issue shipping documentation and customs clearance instruction as required.
• Apply for Certificates of Origin and similar documentation
• Liaise with inspection companies to ensure product certification.
• Ensure freight companies receive relevant shipping instruction.
• Follow up enquiries for costs and liaise with courier companies for competitive pricing.
• Ensure all documentation and packing methods are compliant with UK/EU regulations.
• Instigate claims procedure in the event of damage or loss in of goods in transit.
• Manage and support Courier section where required.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers.
We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020.
EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Please follow the below link for information on how to apply.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Â£28k per year
- Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: Heads Recruitment Ltd
- Contact: Steven Jakara
- Tel: 01617463311
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0000544135
- Posted: 2021-01-04 10:07:15 -
- View all Jobs from Heads Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from Heads Recruitment Ltd
- LGV HGV Class 1 CE Nights
- HR Admin / HR Advisor
- Order Picker/Packer
- Production Team Leader
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Food Production Operative (1730-0400)
- Food Production Operative (0900-1730)
- Packing Operative (1730-0400)
- Despatch Operative - Full Time- Days
- Assembly Operative - Full Time- Days
- Assembly Operative
- PCB Solderer (Fixed Shift)
- Production Operative - 4on/4off - Electronics
- Warehouse Packer
- Order Picker
- Weekend Warehouse Packer
- Warehouse Operative
- Transport Coordinator
- Assembly Supervisor