Customs Import Co-Ordinator
The Company and the Role:
The Company is privately owned and a leading international shipping and forwarding agent.
It has offices in the UK and in the Far East.
It has a good reputation within the industry and prides itself on looking after its employees and providing a good working environment.
They are currently seeking a Customs Import Co-ordinator for their operation in Southampton.
This is a permanent position.
You should ideally be an experienced import forwarder who is confident in completing customs entries and arranging final delivery.
Key Features of the Role:
• Handling of import processes from start to finish
• Dealing with carriers and suppliers
• Negotiating rates and compiling quotations
• Dealing with overseas agents
• Managing shipments throughout the process
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Previous import forwarding experience, able to handle the import processes from start of finish
• Familiar with shipping documentation such as Bills of Lading
• Good knowledge of customs clearance experience
• Excellent customer services skills, regularly updating clients is of paramount importance
• PC/IT literate
• Experience of liaising with external international offices and agents to arrange bookings
• Comfortable in assisting the sales team with quotations
Please note the however the company is willing to provide training in any weak areas.
What’s on Offer?
The opportunity to work for a privately owned well known company who prides itself on looking after its employees and providing a good working environment.
Basic salary will be in a range of £21,000 - £25,000 pa depending upon your knowledge and experience.
In addition, there will be 25 days holiday and pension scheme along with free onsite parking.
Hours of work are from 9am to 5.30pm
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are experienced in customs import in the freight forwarding sector.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application.
Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of both Client and Candidate information.
rpc logistics & supply chain recruitment, a division of The rpc Group of Companies is at the forefront of supplying Executive, Management and Technical professionals of all disciplines to the Logistics and Supply Chain and related sectors, e.g.
Retail, Automotive, Aviation, Shipping and Freight Forwarding etc.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the logistics and supply chain sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
- Start: asap
- Duration: permanent
- Rate: Â£21k - 25k per year + Benefits
- Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: The RPC Group of Companies
- Contact: Mike Stride
- Tel: 023 8022 4654
- Fax: 023 8022 0808
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 9285/2021/FF7819MS
- Posted: 2021-01-04 17:01:58 -
- View all Jobs from The RPC Group of Companies