Assistant Manager, Internal Audit
Global consultancy seeking an experienced Internal Audit professional to join their Manchester team as an Assistant Manager within the Internal Audit team.
An Internal Audit Assistant Manager will be required to work closely with and support senior members within the team.
You will manage assignments of moderate complexity and variety, in line with the audit plan and the business' internal audit methodologies.
You will also take responsibility for running, delivering and leading end to end internal audits, and supervising the work of Senior Auditors within the team, whilst working directly with our clients and building these relationships to add value to the consultancy relationship.
The client portfolio is a mixture of both corporate clients as well as a strong mix of corporate clients as well as NHS, Central and Local Government so any experience in these fields in considered to be highly advantageous.
As well as ensuring that the audits are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to a high standard, your responsibilities will also include:
- Prioritise work so resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the business' internal audit methodology and quality assurance requirements.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing (will be reviewed by senior members) so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
The successful candidate will
- Relevant professional experience, ideally within Internal Audit
- ACA, ACCA, CMIIA (CIA + 3 QIAL case studies - must be clearly documented on the CV) qualified with post qualification experience.
- Have a detailed understanding of risk and controls and be able to articulate this with non-internal audit professionals.
- Have understanding of internal audit methodology.
- Have the availability to travel in order to build significant relationships with stakeholders and clients as well as occasional international travel.
Please note currently the role will be based from home and travel and office based working will return in time in line with company decisions around COVID 19.
This client operates a strong promote from within policy and so ambitious applicants will be well taken care of.
Experience of working across different sectors will be helpful as this is a growing client base expanding across many different areas.
Please click to apply.
More Jobs from Jefferson Tiley
- Senior Internal Auditor - Financial Services
- Internal Audit Manager – Controls Assurance
- Senior Auditor
- Senior Internal Audit Manager
- IT Auditor - Contractor
- Controls Assurance Auditor
- Audit Assistant Manager - FS Advisory
- Senior Internal Auditor - Professional Services
- Internal Auditor - Banking
- IT Auditor (12 Month FTC)
- Senior IT Auditor - Banking
- Internal Controls Analyst
- Compliance Officer
- IT Auditor - Financial Services
- IT Audit Manager