Electrical / Calibration Engineer
Electrical / Calibration Engineer - VMIC UK, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire UK - (£35,000 - £50,000)
The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC) has been established to provide the UK's first strategic vaccine development and advanced manufacturing capability.
VMIC will fast track development and manufacture of early-stage vaccine products, as well as serve as the UK's response capability to produce vaccines against emerging infectious diseases.
They have already taken a leading role in the Government's national response to COVID-19.
New starters can expect to join an exciting fast-paced organisation, with ambitious growth plans.
With a flat structure, employees will have exposure to senior leaders and be part of an organisation that has a start-up mentality but is backed by the UK Government, and industry and academic founders.
Working through collaborative ventures with industry, academia and NGOs, VMIC will ultimately strengthen and innovate the UK's vaccines sector.
Their state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility will be located on the renowned Harwell Science and Innovation Campus near Didcot in Oxfordshire.
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an accomplished Electrical / Calibration Engineer to join the expanding engineering team at VMIC.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of conducting all Calibration and Electromechanical maintenance activities across the site, ensuring equipment is kept in a state of control and compliance.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, the Electrical / Calibration Engineer will carry out and complete all calibration activities, supporting the Qualification Engineer, validating, and qualifying the required equipment across the facility (Utilities, Production etc.)
- Ensuring the work complies with GMP, Data Integrity, EHS and company guidelines.
- Operation and control of the Environmental Management System (EMS) and Building Management System (BMS)
- Carry out repairs, service maintenance and PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance)
- Participate with the on-call rota
- Support management
- Providing supervisor support to contractors when required
- Issuing and supporting the team with permits to work
In order to be considered for the role, candidates will need to have a recognised engineering qualification in an Electrical / Instrumentation or Calibration discipline.
The ideal individual will have 5 years' experience within a regulated cGMP environment preferably within a Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology organisation.
A sound understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice).
Experienced in LV or HV (low / high voltage) electrical systems, undertaking Authorised Person (AP) duties would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for a team player, someone who can be flexible and be able to adapt to changes quickly and efficiently in an ever-changing environment.
Be able to communicate across departments especially within QA and Engineering to ensure all compliance is being delivered upon for the site.
It is important to be able to drive and live within a commutable distance from the site (1 hour).
Relocation allowance is available should this be required for the right individual.
Apply - Submit
If you are interested in this opportunity then please send your CV and/or Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
VMIC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and without discrimination.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Project Manager
- Transport Planner - Hampshire - Up to £35k
- Systems Engineer
- Junior Civil Litigation Lawyer- RQ413814
- Hr Data, Systems And Establishment Specialist 5163786
- Electronics Test Lead
- Azure Migration Programme Manager - 105039-1
- Manufacturing Support Engineer
- Embedded Tester - 105037-1
- Fire & Life Safety systems engineer
- Bioanalysis Project Manager (PK Bioanalysis)
- Fire Systems Technician - 6 months FTC
- Test Solutions Engineer
- Senior Highways Engineer - London or Surrey
- Senior Engineer
- Planning Assistant
- Integration & Repair Engineer
- Quality Control Scientist - Chemical Testing
- Programme Manager
- Business Development/Technical Sales Team Manager