Support Worker - Learning Disabilities & Mental Health
Are you an experienced Support Worker within Adult Social Care seeking a new opportunity?
I am seeking experienced Support Workers to join my current workforce for a small service in Witney working within Learning Disabilities and Mental Health.
This is an opportunity to work with a semi-independent female within a residential environment for 2:1 care.
This position although on a temporary basis will offer the opportunity to a flexible individual to pick up regular shifts each week!
Witney, Oxfordshire - Getting there (by car)
30 mins commute from Oxford
45 mins commute from Swindon
Shift patterns - Monday - Sunday:
£9.70-£12.00 per hour (subject to payment and shift type)
Requirements for you as the Support Worker:
- Enhanced DBS (on the update service)
- Experience supporting vulnerable adults 1:1 and 2:1
- Knowledge or experience within Learning Disabilities and Mental Health
- Prior experience within a residential environment promoting independence
- Excellent communication skills including reading and writing
- Ability to learn and pick up tasks quickly
- Considerate and flexible with working hours /days
- Committed - there are regular shifts for this service available for hard working individuals
- Up-to-date mandatory training
- Clean Valid UK Driver (Desirable - not essential)
Responsibilities for you as the Support Worker:
- Supporting service users with daily needs including personal care
- Encouraging and supportive approach to get the service users active with daily tasks and events
- Working closely with service users, staff, families, and other relevant professionals
- Following service user care plans
- Consistently promoting independence to service users
Benefits for you as the Support Worker:
- Flexible working hours - become full or part time at your own pace!
- Flexible working areas
*Paid training provided by Charles Hunter Associates
- Ability to change the lives of vulnerable adults
- Opportunities to work alongside an experienced, supportive team
- By joining my workforce, you in return get a dedicated consultant working with you each week
If you are interested in this Support Worker role, please call on 07467 822601 or email email@example.com.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in a career in Social Care, please get in touch as we have many opportunities available!
More Jobs from Charles Hunter Associates
- Children's Social Workers & Managers - Sussex
- Social Worker - Community Mental Health Team (Home Working)
- Support Worker - Adults - Learning Disabilities
- Children's Social Workers & Managers - Bedfordshire
- Children's Social Workers & Managers - Surrey
- Children's Social Workers & Managers - Essex
- Team Manager - Young People In Care & Court Team
- Children's Social Workers & Managers - Berkshire
- Service Manager - Learning Disabilities
- Registered Manager - Learning Disabilities
- Team Manager - Assessment & MASH Team
- Children's Social Workers & Managers
- Social Worker - Child Protection Team
- Children's Social Workers & Managers - Buckinghamshire
- Social Worker - Adult Locality Team
- Adults Social Worker - Local Authority
- Social Worker - Complex Care Team
- Social Worker - Adult Safeguarding Team
- Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Team
- Children's Social Workers & Managers - Oxfordshire