HR Officer - Isle of Angelsey Council
Isle of Anglesey Council - Human Resources Officer
Location: Council Offices, Llangefni, Isle of Anglesey, LL77 7TW
Contract: Initial three-month contract with possible extensions.
Hours: Full Time – Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
Payrate: £17.51 an Hour
Under the direction of the HR Manager, to be responsible for providing a comprehensive, effective and professional HR advisory and support service to senior management,
elected members, managers and headteachers within the Authority’s services - with particular responsibilities for assigned groups of services and recognised stakeholders.
The post holder will work as part of a team of HR Officers and may at times be required to cover additional services to provide the full range of HR support.
Principal Accountabilities / Key Tasks:
To provide excellent, consistent and professional HR advice and support to the Authority’s services, including: -
Providing a full range of recruitment and selection techniques and services, advice and guidance in attraction campaigns and workforce planning/talent management processes.
Advice to managers and headteachers on developing effective, cost efficient service arrangements, analysing and interpreting situations in order to devise effective solutions to issues arising in terms of job grading,
terms and conditions, grievances, disciplinary and other HR matters, including advising on long term workforce issues in relation to future service plans.
Advise on the interpretation and effective implementation of policies, procedures and practices, national and local agreements and legislation/statutory requirements, ensuring consistency in the application of those policies.
Advising and assisting managers, headteachers and governing bodies in the investigation of and preparation for disciplinary grievance and performance cases,
interpreting relevant policies in order to deal with various issues in a consistent, fair manner, ensuring compliance with employment law.
Promoting good employer practice in issues such as equal opportunities.
Involvement in the conduct of employee relations at service level including the promotion of effective employee communication arrangements and dealing directly with Trade Union representatives on HR matters.
Supporting managers and headteachers to manage sickness absence cases effectively and to timescales, challenging them where necessary in order to ensure compliance with the Authority’s policy on absence management.
To support services in managing change, analysing each service’s business needs and plans to ensure correct advice on future staffing requirements or restructuring in the long term.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Nana Kyeremeh on 0208 514 9137 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Housing Options Officer - East London
- Community Safety Project Officer - Wokingham
- Administrative Assistant - Worcestershire County Council
- Data Entry Assistant - West Berkshire Council
- Facilities Manager
- Principal Town Planner - Coventry
- Senior Accountant - Tower Hamlets Council
- Senior Carer - Norfolk County Council
- Move on and Reconnection Officer - Loughborough
- Customer Service Adviser - Adur District Council
- Emergency Planning Officer - Devon
- Information and Guidance Advisor - Barnsley
- Procurement and Contracts Manager - Ormskirk
- Finance Business Partner - Worcester
- Administrator - Gloucestershire County Council
- Personal Advisor- North West London
- Children's Support Worker- Challenging Behaviour
- Technical Officer - Leeds
- Grants Admin Assistant - Northumberland County Council
- Business Analyst - Worcester