Housing Options Adviser - Salford County Council
Salford County Council – Housing Options Adviser
Location: 7 Wesley Street, Swinton, Salford, M27 6WF
Contract: Initial three-month contract with possible extensions.
Hours: Full Time – Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
Payrate: £13.56 an Hour
The main purpose of this role is to contribute towards the efficient and effective management of the Housing Options Service through various channels including
the promotion and maintenance of excellent standards of customer service based on service provision.
This role will deal with enquiries that assist customers with individual queries, prevention of homelessness and review enquiries and decisions around homelessness.
Officers should also have knowledge of the allocations policy and Choice based lettings system.
The ability to coordinate and monitor cases referred to and moved on from Supported schemes, managing tenancies of customers in Temporary accommodation,
knowledge of Housing Benefits and the ability to manage rent accounts is also desirable.
Support and contribute to the provision of an efficient, effective and responsive housing advice byproviding a service, both face to face and by telephone,
on housing advice and homelessness issues with day-to-day queries
To provide information on a comprehensive range of housing options to include Choice Based lettings, Pinpoint, renting in the private rented sector,
access to registered providers and shared ownership/owner-occupation to prevent homelessness by enabling clients to resolve their housing problems.
Manage a caseload between 30 – 80 cases active at any one time, facilitating customer meetings, face to face support and assistance,
answering general queries or signposting to appropriate resources.
To liaise with accommodation providers to arrange suitable offers of accommodation across a range of tenures, including temporary accommodation,
and to complete all related paperwork for example, housing benefit forms.
To assist with the running of the Rental Bond Scheme including liaising with landlords, Landlord Accreditation and other relevant parties,
issuing bond certificates and arranging for payment to be made when claims are made by landlords.
To communicate confidently with good interpersonal skills and good organisational skills.
To have a good knowledge of the issues that affect vulnerable people and have the ability to deal with the considerable
increase in exposure to customers who may display challenging and disagreeable behaviour.
The ability to manage the intense emotional demands that vulnerable customers regularly place in the job role.
Review ongoing casework, providing assistance for interventions and preventions of homelessness through various support channels and relationships.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Nana Kyeremeh on 0208 514 9137 or Email email@example.com
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Customer Service Adviser - Adur District Council
- Emergency Planning Officer - Devon
- Information and Guidance Advisor - Barnsley
- Procurement and Contracts Manager - Ormskirk
- Finance Business Partner - Worcester
- Administrator - Gloucestershire County Council
- Personal Advisor- North West London
- Children's Support Worker- Challenging Behaviour
- Technical Officer - Leeds
- Grants Admin Assistant - Northumberland County Council
- Business Analyst - Worcester
- Senior Public health Principal - Merton
- Family Support Worker- Liverpool City Council
- HR Business Partner - Rotherham
- Building Control Surveyor - Reading
- Children's Residential Support Worker- Challenging Behaviour
- Senior Occupational Therapist - WPUR Service
- Service Desk Analyst - Gloucestershire County Council
- Operations Manager -Hospitals & Community Response
- Occupational Therapist- Adult Services