Are you an experienced manufacturing professional looking for the next step in your career? Are you passionate about improving production capabilities and efficiencies? If so, we are now recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
This position is based at our Melton site, in Hull, which is our flagship manufacturing site that supplies timber products to our building materials industry.
The year ahead will be exciting, challenging and lots of fun, so this appointment is a fantastic opportunity for a professional to join our Production team.
What can we do for you?
As a Company, we pride ourselves on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence and this is reflected in our overall package to our employees.
* Salary between £38,000 and £43,000 depending on experience.
* Bonus potential
* Life assurance
* Generous pension contributions of up to 10% of your salary
* Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK
* Childcare voucher scheme
SCA is a family friendly organisation and appreciates working and having a family comes in hand in hand, as such we welcome flexible working and are open to discussing requirements during the recruitment process.
Hours are 8am-5pm Monday to Friday (40 hour contract)
What 'wood' I be doing?
With a manufacturing capability of 100,000m3 per annum it is imperative that every stage of the production process is to the highest standard.
The majority of products are manufactured on site and distributed to our customers who proceed to sell on their end customers, we pride ourselves on the high quality products we produce.
This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to compliment this expanding production unit.
Working alongside another Production Manager you will be accountable for future proofing the existing set up by looking at continuous development, securing CAPEX and 'Overall Equipment Effectiveness' (OEE) targets.
We expect you to be able to develop standards within our production areas, ensuring these are implemented and followed through.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Working with the Production Manager drive the "best practice" manufacturing standards throughout all areas of the sites.
* Analyse and improve the existing production capabilities.
* Focal point on continuous improvement.
* Take an active role in Projects by assisting with the implementation plans to introduce new production lines to the site.
* Recommend replacement / upgrading of production equipment, in line with Group process on CAPEX.
What 'wood' I be like?
With over 300 unique employees, 25 eager managers and 4 very different sites, you will be a confident and assertive leader who can provide a consistent and standardised approach whilst hitting targets in an environment that is full of activity.
We are looking for someone with timber manufacturing experience and if you are from the timber industry, you would be our absolute favourite but knowledge and awareness of our products is good enough for us.
However, if you think you can wow us with your manufacturing experience from a different industry, please still apply! Relevant experience within a production and manufacturing facility is an absolute must.
Experience of improving capabilities and developing processes within a manufacturing environment would be extremely beneficial.
You will be highly professional and methodical, with a personality that isn't afraid to challenge and in fact, has buckets of courage to make decisions that may be against the norm.
This role would be perfect for someone really wanting to make a difference.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £38000 - £43000 Per Annum
- Location: HU14 3HF, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Career Kinetics Limited
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: AD-SCA-PM
- Posted: 2021-01-20 17:31:09 -
- View all Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
More Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
- Head of Production
- New Business Executive
- Enterprise Architect
- Toolroom Technician - Nights
- Fire Alarm Technician
- Head of UX & CX Design
- Head of Ecommerce Operations
- Senior Analytics & Data Insights Analyst
- Support Team Executive
- Content Writer - Financial
- Support Desk Analyst
- Group Year End Accountant
- HR & Training Coordinator
- IT Support Technician
- SQL Analyst
- Magento Support Analyst
- Client Services - Support
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Sales Manager - Blinds and Shutters
- Stock Controller