Occupational Therapist - Hampshire
Salary - Band 6 £30,000-£35 DOE / Band 7 - Circa £40k DOE.
Our client is a highly reputed children's OT service provider involved in delivering a comprehensive and detailed assessment of a young person's needs, whether these be developmental, neurological or chromosomal.
Offering a wide range of paediatric OT services, from EHCP assessment to training workshops for parents, school transition visits to Expert Witness representation at legal tribunals, they have established a reputation as providing high quality interventions and receives referrals from the NHS, schools, local charities, solicitors and paediatricians as well as from private sources.
The role calls for a highly motivated occupational therapist who has experience of working with young adults/ adult social care for students/young people with learning disability and other disabilities (life skills, housing, work)
OTs work with children and young people aged 0- 25 years with the following conditions:
* Paediatric OT experience essential for conditions in some or all of the following: ASD, ADHD, learning disability, sensory processing difficulties, Developmental Coordination Disorder - Must be able to undertake standardised assessments such as the M-ABC, Beery, DASH, Bruininks (short format), MVPT/DVTP -3/A
* OT's who have worked with young adults in CAMHS who have ASD (including high functioning), ADHD and learning disability experience - issues around self-regulation, life skills, managing college, university and work environments
* OT's who have work experience of adult social care for students/young people with learning disability and other disabilities (life skills, housing, work)
Undertake OT assessments either in-house or in the community
Report writing and drawing up of treatment recommendations and therapy goals, ensuring regular re- evaluation of progress to the required standard
Provide OT support and guidance during therapy sessions
Maintain a high quality of clinical note writing following each OT session and when indicated, ensuring electronic records and activity are kept according to RCoT and HCPC standards
Liaise with and train parents / carers regarding treatment which can be provided at home
Liaise with and train other agencies involved, such as schools, support workers
Liaise with other agencies, such as other health professionals, Local Authorities
Undertake assessments which fulfil the criteria for EHCP application or tribunal procedure.
Tribunal assessments undertaken by band 7 staff only who have relevant experience.
Appearance at EHCP tribunal when required (band 7 staff only who have relevant experience
Essential Skills & Requirements:
Minimum of 2 years post qualification essential for band 6 and minimum of 4 years for band 7 applicants
Able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week (can be flexible over days of the week) up to 37.5 hours - Both part time and full time options available
Car driver essential as will be based in our rural clinic for up to 50% of the week with some working from home also available for non-direct hours such as report writing
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Building Surveyor
- Senior Account Manager - General Insurance
- Purchasing Assistant
- Software Developer
- Technical Engineer (Azure)
- Project Support Administrator
- Fire & Security Engineer
- Snr Lead Security Cloud Architect
- Pavers / Kerbers
- Ground Workers - Pavers & Kerbers
- Ground Workers - Pavers & Kerbers
- Client Manager / Senior Accountant
- Marketing Manager
- Snr Product Manager
- General Engineer
- Installation Engineer
- Experienced Sales Negotiator
- Experienced Book-Keeper
- Nursery Room Manager