HR Adviser - 12-month FTC
Our client operates within the public service sector and is a leading independent authority within Information Rights Data Privacy.
They are looking for an HR Advisor to join the team to cover maternity.
Their HR team provides a professional, proactive and effective HR service to all staff within the organisation.
To provide appropriate advice and support to staff and managers in the implementation and execution of HR policies and procedures.
- As an HR Advisor you will be delivering the companies objectives to recruit the best people, ensuring that candidates and recruiting managers receive high quality services.
- Take leading role in the recruitment lifecycle, for example by evaluating roles, advising upon appropriate recruitment methods, participating in the selection processes, and taking into account budget, operational demands and legislative requirements.
- As an HR Advisor you will be supporting managers so that staff can remain well and at work.
This may involve engagement with third party health and wellbeing professionals and advising managers about informal and formal attendance management procedures and participating in absence meetings where appropriate.
- Contribute to the company's objective to support and care about its people through providing effective wellbeing and attendance management interventions.
- As an HR Advisor you will provide a professional employee relations service in a unionised environment which enables the business to explore and resolve employee relations cases in a manner that is solutions focussed and legally compliant.
- Providing advice and presenting options to managers involved in employee relations cases in line with policies, precedents, and drawing upon external legal advice as appropriate.
- As an HR Advisor you will contribute to the development and implementation of the people policies and procedures, ensuring they reflect good HR practice and legislative compliance, and promoting awareness of them through the delivery of advice, briefings and training.
- Maintain accurate and up to date electronic and manual records which are compliant with legislation and the retention and records management policies.
- As an HR Advisor you will support the business to make informed decisions by producing management information and analysis.
- Ensure that the pay, pensions and benefits are processed accurately and efficiently, by providing external providers with timely and accurate information.
- Communicating with managers and staff through a variety of mechanisms to build effective relationships, engage and inform the business, obtain feedback from the organisation and promote the services provided by the department.
You will provide a professional employee relations service in a unionised environment which enables the business to explore and resolve employee relations cases in a manner that is solutions focussed and legally compliant.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or work experience demonstrating this level of ability.
- CIPD qualification (preferred) or willingness to work towards.
- Extensive experience of working within an HR function.
- Experience of supporting and advising managers through ER cases and general BAU.
- Extensive experience of providing advice and support on HR policies / procedures.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic manner using professional judgement.
- Understands the need for strict confidentiality and the need to follow internal policies and procedures.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply employment legislation through HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly in order to meet a varied, wide ranging and demanding workload which is often time critical.
Hours: Monday - Friday 37 hours per week
Salary: £28,737 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
More Jobs from Brampton Recruitment Ltd
- New Business Sales Executive
- Account Handler - Commercial Insurance Broker
- Finance & Administration Graduate
- Buyer / Product Manager – 12 months FTC
- Finance Assistant (Sales Ledger)
- Service Coordinator
- Stock Controller / Administrator
- IFA Client Services Manager
- Assistant PA
- IFA Client Services Administrator
- Stores Person
- Graduate Software Developer
- Senior Account Handler
- Sales Order Processor / Administrator
- Sales Account Manager
- Marketing Executive
- IFA Administrator
- Software Developer
- Sales Account Manager
- Risk and Compliance Manager