Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager - Retail Products
Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager - Retail Products - Manchester
Great opportunity to work for a global branded merchandise supplier!
Salary: £55-65k depending on experience
*Please only apply if you are from a retail product background
Would you like to work as part of the team that creates incredible merchandise to support amazing brands!!
Our client is a global branded merchandise supplier, working with some of the world's most recognisable brands.
With operations across Europe, the US and Asia, they work closely with clients to create merchandise solutions which supply products that help their brands stand out, services that make life easier and which represent outstanding value.
Product compliance, sustainability, quality management, ethical and environmental work practises are an important part of our client's business strategy and service offering to their clients.
Or client is seeking to strengthen their team with an ambitious and experienced candidate to maintain and continuously improve our industry leading standards in this area.
The Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager manages a team of five and reports to the CEO with a dotted reporting line to the Senior ESG Officer of their parent company.
As Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager your areas of responsibility will include to;
* Further develop and continuously improve our client's strategy for Product / Vendor Compliance, Sustainability and Quality.
* Hands-on management of our clients Compliance, Sustainability and Quality team based in Manchester, London and Far East.
* Further develop our industry leading Product Compliance work practices that ensures maximum product safety and compliance documentation across a broad range of products such as desk top items, garments, bags and technology products.
* Manage our clients vendor audit programme with our suppliers and sub-contractors whilst working closely together with their import team for suppliers in high risk countries
* Manage the product quality control processes of products purchased from a wide range of sub-contract manufacturers in the EU, Turkey and Far East.
An understanding of product testing and familiarity with working with test/inspection companies would be a major benefit.
* Own and manage the annual submission to Eco Vadis and other 3rd-party CSR assessment providers
* Maintain our client's existing certified management systems ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 across all sites and implement new business management systems if required (e.g.
* Take responsibility to ensure our clients obligations towards all relevant regulations are met in each market they are doing business.
In this respect it would be advantageous that you have knowledge of packaging regulations, electrical waste and battery regulations and REACH.
* Foster and lead a culture of continuous improvement in our processes and customer satisfaction.
* Leading compliance & quality audits conducted by our customers
* Leading the complaints management process for our client.
* Ensure consistency of policies and processes across all sites working closely together with the Senior ESG Officer of our client's parent company.
To join our client's ambitious team, we are seeking an individual who will be able to travel between the sites with occasional visits to our non-UK offices and who possesses;
* A real passion for the ever-evolving issues surrounding Product / Vendor Compliance, Quality Management, Sustainability and good governance.
* The skills and experience to continually improve our client's overall approach to these issues.
* An ability to clearly present and communicate these strategies both internally and externally.
* Proven post graduate experience in a leading position in the relevant areas preferably in a service/import industry.
* Strong expertise and work experience in Product / Vendor Compliance and Sustainability is essential.
* Detailed knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14000.
* Strong leadership skills paired with a clear collaborative and hands-on approach
Our client is an equally opportunities employer and encourages flexible working through family friendly working hours.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Ethics Manager
- Granite Pavers
- Snr Full Stack Engineer/Frontend Developer - Remote
- Back End Developer : Remote (Java/Node.js/AWS)
- Snr Data Product Manager : Remote (A/B testing)
- Snr Product Manager : Remote (Data Products, A/B, multivariate testing)
- Snr/Mid-weight Backend Developer : Remote (Java/Node.js/AWS)
- Lead Security Cloud Architect (AWS)
- Backend Software Engineer (Node.js/AWS/Agile)