Purchasing Assistant - Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £18,500 - £25,000
My client is a company of mountaineering, climbing, outdoor, ski, cycle and sports enthusiasts who specialise in the distribution of the finest quality and performance products through the best specialist outdoor, ski and sports stores throughout the United Kingdom
My client is currently looking to expand their Purchasing Department with the appointment of a Purchasing Assistant.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, operating in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Working alongside the Purchasing Manager you will assist in ensuring that product and the timely delivery of the right level of stock meet the demands of the business and customers.
This position would suit an individual who is wanting to pursue a career in stock planning / purchase management or looking for a new challenge where they can grow and develop their skills.
An interest in mountaineering, climbing, outdoor or ski sports, is preferable.
* Assist Purchasing Manager in the planning / forecasting of stock and sales across all brands to meet customer demand and company financial targets.
* Prepare and maintain Planning and Purchase Order system to ensure that all purchase orders and planning data are processed and updated in a timely manner.
* Raising and submitting purchase orders within supplier deadlines.
* Liaise with warehouse manager, suppliers and freight forwarders in relation to the planning and timing of weekly inbound deliveries into the warehouse.
* Assist with booking goods onto stock system and resolving any delivery discrepancies from suppliers.
* Monitor supplier performance and advise Purchasing Manager of any changes to planned delivery schedule and update system accordingly.
* Assist in obtaining quotations and arrange shipment of goods with selected Freight Forwarders.
* Liaise with Brand Managers in relation to seasonal ranges across all brands.
Develop, produce and submit appropriate Range Plans, Electronic Sales Order Forms and Trade Price lists as appropriate.
* Assist in the maintenance and setting up of products and appropriate coding within the stock system.
* Liaise with Sales and Customer Service teams to ensure key customer orders are received and processed within Purchase Order deadlines.
* Respond to all internal and external purchasing and stock related enquiries.
* Develop, update and distribute department, company and management reports as and when required.
* Additional administrative duties lined to the dept.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
* Ambitious and driven to learn and progress within the role
* Endless enthusiasm with a strong determination to succeed.
* Adaptable and flexible approach, proactive and able to work on own initiative.
* Ability to organise, priorities and complete tasks within timescales.
* Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
* Excellent keyboard, data entry and IT skills.
* Proficient in MS Office Excel and Access essential
* Customer focussed with good interpersonal, problem solving and administration skills.
* Experience within stock planning or purchasing administration is preferable.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Nursery Nurse/Educator
- Nursery Manager
- Mobile QA Engineer, Remote  (Auto/Manual)
- Pest Control Technician
- Research Engineer in Reinforcement Learning
- Software Engineer - Research Platform
- Research Scientist in Reinforcement Learning
- Research Intern
- PhD Research Intern
- Information Security Officer
- Senior Sales Executive - Protein Design Product
- Front End React Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Pest Control Technician
- Senior Bio-Engineer
- Senior Business Development Executive
- Research Engineer
- Senior Analyst
- Pre-Sales Engineer
- Snr Data Product Manager, Remote -  (A/B testing)