Medical Product Safety Engineer
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries.
The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services.
It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies.
In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx.
3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
- Develop world-class testing and certification within the electrical medical product industry.
- Identify and obtain the required test equipment.
- Identify and acquire necessary test fixtures.
- Recommend and oversee facility changes such as buildouts or additional space needed to accommodate testing.
- Mentor/train other staff.
- Attain appropriate accreditations.
- Recommend and participate in relevant industry events, forums, shows, technical committees, and the like as necessary.
- Quote projects, assist with and/or review quotes prepared by others.
- Perform evaluations, testing, and reporting.
- Assist others with evaluations, testing, and reporting.
- Peer review the work of other engineers.
- Continuously develop new capabilities while maintaining existing capabilities.
- Serve as a customer technical contact in support of other engineers assigned to relevant projects.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Additional Duties as a Product Safety Engineer:
- BSEE or other technical degree and relevant experience.
- Five or more years of experience performing product safety evaluation and testing on medical projects using US, Canadian and international standards.
- Five or more years providing technical management of a team performing product safety evaluations and testing on medical electrical equipment.
- Experience developing personnel and laboratory technical capability, setting up a lab, and obtaining accreditations for medical safety standards.
- Strong knowledge of the certification schemes common for electrical medical products as well as broad knowledge of the standards that apply to these products.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
What we Offer:
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Eurofins Scientific Inc.
- Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Field Engineering Inspector
- Product Safety Engineer, Hazardous Locations
- Engineering Technician
- Electronic System Level Manager
- Clinical Resource Coordinator
- Quality CAPA Investigator
- Manufacturing Support Technician
- Business Development & Account Manager
- Formulation Scientist
- Scientist – Particulate and Material Analysis
- Proposals/Quoting Specialist
- QC Biochemist
- Molecular Assay and Sample Acquisition Support Scientist
- Scientist – Companion Animal Group
- Director of Manufacturing
- Regional Sales Manager - Southeast US
- Clinical Scientist
- Medical Safety Engineer