Portfolio Analytics Specialist
Our Client, a leading Asset Management firm, is looking for a Portfolio Analytics Specialist to join their team in Edinburgh.
You will be instrumental in providing risk-related information and analysis on portfolios to internal stakeholders - both in terms of regularly-requested items and in providing effective analytical solutions to bespoke requests.
You will also play a key role in overseeing and maintaining the department's systems and developing toolkits in order to boost automation and efficiency.
- Degree in Economics, Economic History, Political Economy, Finance, Investment Strategy, or Quantitative Finance are advantageous
- CFA, or other investment qualifications (IMC, IOC, FRM etc.)
- Proven experience of Working with data and with large datasets
- Experience of delivering feedback on current systems and systems in development
- High level of competence to work with the Internal and 3rd party software and data providers (e.g.
FactSet, FIS APT, Style Analytics, Bloomberg)
- Knowledge of Financial mathematics, accountancy and financial statements
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- The ability to compile, enquire, analyse and synthesise risk-related data and information
- Proven track record of presenting risk-related data and information in emails and documents in an accurate and concise manner
- Ability to prioritise and manage time appropriately to get the work done in a timely manner and carry out multiple tasks, when required
- Ability to take ownership of issues and challenges and proactively work to resolve them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, departments, and Stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate situations where the team may have multiple tasks or queries at the same time and plan in advance
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Play a central role in servicing internal stakeholders requests to the Investment Risk, department, providing analytics, data and analysis and dealing with more complex ad-hoc requests
- Produce portfolio analytics, risk and style analysis outputs and solutions through risk and style analysis systems on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Communicate proactively and effectively with department colleagues and the department's customers in providing requested information, valuable solutions, and efficient routes to the supply of information
- Work proactively and analytically to provide effective solutions to bespoke requests
- Play a central role in the supply of information for the presentations to clients, potential clients and intermediaries
- Maintain and proactively develop the department's information systems, supporting efficient workflow production and increasing automation
- Contribute effectively to Systems development projects for Investment Risk systems
- Contribute to the completion of one-off projects, and collaborate with department colleagues in pursuing research topics
- Contribute effectively to the ongoing development and evolution of the Risk team's outputs, and the achievement of its strategic vision
- Assist in the production of quarterly and ad hoc risk reports
- Assist in producing and checking risk information in quarterly client reports · Document and develop processes
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Job reference: (13286)
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- FUND ADMINISTRATOR
- BUSINESS ANALYST
- Senior Legal Counsel
- SENIOR ANALYST - MANDATE COMPLIANCE
- SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR - TRADE MANAGEMENT & TREASURY
- FINANCE PROJECT MANAGER
- Client Reporting Manager
- OPERATIONS CHANGE ASSOCIATE
- PROGRAMME PLANNER
- Enterprise Risk Manager
- PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST
- RFP Specialist
- RFP Specialist
- CHANGE MANAGER
- RFP WRITER
- SENIOR PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
- FINANCIAL PLANNING AND DELIVERY MANAGER
- PROJECT MANAGER - FINANCE
- Legal Counsel
- COMPENSATION CONTROL REPORTING ASSOCIATE