Senior Financial Reporting & Controls Accountant
Are you a Qualified Accountant (2-6 years post qualified) who can deliver key financial and regulatory reporting deliverables to a high standard and on a timely basis, ideally within financial services? If so, our client is looking for a Financial Controller to join their team in Edinburgh.
Reporting directly to the UK Financial Reporting & Controls Manager, you will be instrumental in ensuring key financial and regulatory reporting deliverables are produced to a high standard and on a timely basis.
You will also play a key role in ensuring that a robust control environment and clear process documentation exists to validate financial data, support key financial outcomes and cross training initiatives.
- Month end reporting - Collation and input of month end journals, as well as timely and well understood financial analytics to provide insight and support business decision making
- Quarter end reporting - Plan and execute all board, regulatory and group reporting outputs where required including succinct analytics for presentation to senior business partners
- Year end reporting - Support and deliver timely inputs to the group reporting process, as well as plan and execute statutory reporting outputs
- Technical resolution - Interpret key accounting and regulatory technical matters for presentation and agreement with the UK Financial Reporting & Controls Manager
- Processes & control - Prepare and maintain key process documentation for reporting processes and ensure robust controls are in place to support key reporting outcomes
- Where required support and lead on team and group wider projects to support the strategic direction of the finance function
- Working collaboratively with peers across the finance function and wider business areas to deliver business insight and contribute to a best in class finance function
- Taking responsibility for developing both technical and softer skills to ensure continuous personal development and deliver insight and add value across the finance function
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Asset management experience beneficial
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Job reference: (13292)
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- Senior Legal Counsel
- SENIOR ANALYST - MANDATE COMPLIANCE
- SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR - TRADE MANAGEMENT & TREASURY
- FINANCE PROJECT MANAGER
- Client Reporting Manager
- OPERATIONS CHANGE ASSOCIATE
- PROGRAMME PLANNER
- Enterprise Risk Manager
- PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST
- RFP Specialist
- RFP Specialist
- CHANGE MANAGER
- RFP WRITER
- SENIOR PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
- FINANCIAL PLANNING AND DELIVERY MANAGER
- PROJECT MANAGER - FINANCE
- Legal Counsel
- COMPENSATION CONTROL REPORTING ASSOCIATE
- FUND ACCOUNTANT
- Client Management Support