Senior Longevity Consultant
Our client, one of the UK's leading actuarial, pensions, and investment consultancies, is looking for an experienced Senior Longevity Consultant to join their team in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or London.
The successful applicant will be Qualified UK Actuary with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience and will be instrumental in supporting clients in understanding, quantifying and managing longevity risk.
You will also have the opportunity to support a diverse range of projects in Risk and Capital Management, Solvency II, Investment Strategy and ALM, Reinsurance & Risk Transfer, and Pricing & Product Development.
- Qualified UK actuary with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience (CERA an advantage, but not essential), or hold another professional or quantitative risk qualification
- Good knowledge of the requirements of Solvency II and familiarity with the relevant parts of the PRA handbook
- Working knowledge of actuarial techniques and strong IT skills
- Strategic business acumen and knowledge of industry and risk management frameworks typically used by insurance businesses
- Experience in longevity risk, either ‘in-house' at an insurer or reinsurer or, in consulting
- Experience of planning projects and track record of delivering work on schedule
- Excellent consulting skills and track record of achievement and delivery
- Proven ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting demands
- Ability to develop a strong network of contacts in the life insurance industry
- Ability to both generate proposition ideas and successfully bring solutions to the current client base
- Ability to mentor and coach junior staff
- Provide high quality support to insurance and reinsurance clients both in the UK and globally, either on a consulting basis or via secondment to the client, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with nominated clients, building a strong network of contacts in the life insurance industry
- Identify and develop further consultancy opportunities with new and existing clients
- Collaborate across the business, particularly with longevity specialists, to deliver on cross-practice projects
- Help to promote insurance offerings to a wider audience, which includes conference speaking and writing articles
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Job reference: (13298)
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- FUND ADMINISTRATOR
- BUSINESS ANALYST
- Senior Legal Counsel
- SENIOR ANALYST - MANDATE COMPLIANCE
- SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR - TRADE MANAGEMENT & TREASURY
- FINANCE PROJECT MANAGER
- Client Reporting Manager
- OPERATIONS CHANGE ASSOCIATE
- PROGRAMME PLANNER
- Enterprise Risk Manager
- PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST
- RFP Specialist
- RFP Specialist
- CHANGE MANAGER
- RFP WRITER
- SENIOR PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
- FINANCIAL PLANNING AND DELIVERY MANAGER
- PROJECT MANAGER - FINANCE
- Legal Counsel
- COMPENSATION CONTROL REPORTING ASSOCIATE