We are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a leading CDMO company based in the Durham area.
As the Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for downstream process development of biopharmaceuticals such as viral vectors, proteins and nucleic acid based products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Developing and leading experiment for the optimisation of downstream purification processes including AKTA, chromatography such as Ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction..
As the Downstream Bioprocess Scientist you will be responsible for developing techniques and methods through experiment of design for filtration/ separation techniques such as ultrafiltration, diafiltration and tangential flow filtration.
Assisting the scale up of downstream processes and applying the use of experiment of design as well as statistical concepts for the analysis of proteins and other biologics.
Understanding and observing all GMP and GLP protocols when required for various biologics including AAVs, proteins or nucleic acid products from mammalian or bacterial expression systems
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline plus industry experience in downstream process development working with biopharmaceuticals such as AAVs, proteins and nucleic acids.
Proven industry experience in Bioprocessing for processing development downstream techniques including chromatography, AKTA and filtration.
A working knowledge and practical experience with protein purification and chromatography e.g.
AKTA, HIC, SEC, TFF, IEX.
Key Words: Bioprocess / Bioprocessing / DSP / Downstream / Purification / Filtration / Chromatography / AKTA / TFF / GLP / GMP / Good Laboratory Practice / Good Manufacturing Practice / Life Sciences / Biopharmaceuticals / Pharmaceuticals / R&D / Development / Research / IEX / HIC / Durham / AAV / Viral Vector / HEK / CHO / Protein /
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development.
We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 15/03/2021
- Rate: Experience dependant
- Location: Durham,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5634628
- Posted: 2021-03-15 18:46:41 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Technical Service Engineer - Bioscience
- Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry (Biologics)
- Mass Spectrometry Scientist - Proteomics
- Quality Control Lead - Molecular Biology
- Research Scientist (Antibody/Protein Purification)
- Quality Control Lead - Protein Chemistry
- Engineering Project Manager
- Technical Support Specialist
- Analytical Technical Leader
- Downstream Process Manager
- Analytical Senior Scientist - Biologics
- Tech Transfer Scientist
- DSP Lead Scientist
- Senior Cells Production Shift Technician
- Laboratory Manager
- Senior Fermentation Scientist
- Project Scientist - Bioprocess
- Consultant Qualified Person (IMP QP)
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Associate
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Scientist