Northwest Leicestershire District Council - Refuse Driver
North West Leicestershire District Council - Refuse Driver (Trades and Operatives)
Location: Environment Waste Management - Linden Way Depot, LE67 3JY
Contract: Initial contract to Friday 28th May 2021
Hours: Full Time – Tuesday to Friday – 6:00am to 3:45pm
Payrate: £12.12 an Hour
North West Leicestershire are looking for HGV Drivers to do refuse rounds.
Preferred to have experience in Refuse Driving.
Qualified HGV driver – must hold the appropriate class of driving licence.
Medically and physically fit.
Be able to work on own initiative making minor decisions.
Be able to work as a member of a team.
Be able to undertake basic written work and understand written instructions.
Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with members of the crew and supervise their work.
Be able to communicate clearly and politely with members of the public.
Collect and empty wheeled bins, boxes etc in accordance with the collection round sheets. After emptying return these bins to their collection points and place as required.
Deliver and collect bins as required and carry out other refuse collection or recycling duties as instructed.
When carrying out the duties of a driver: -
Inform the Refuse Supervisor no later than the end of each working day of addresses where bins, boxes etc were not presented for collection.
Ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy before leaving the depot each day. Wash and clean the vehicle as directed.
Ensure that the vehicle is not loaded over the legal limit.
Discharge the refuse at the disposal point as directed by the site operator.
Ensure that the protective clothing of the crew is in good order and that members of the crew wear the clothing whilst carrying out refuse collection duties.
Maintain an awareness of the health and safety of the crew members at all times.
Ensure that the crew return bins, boxes etc.
correctly and any spillages are cleared up.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Nana Kyeremeh on 0208 514 9137 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Skilled Roadworker - Swindon
- Compliance and Enforcement Officer - Basingstoke
- Education, Health Care Plan Caseworker
- Support Worker
- Senior Care Assistant - Residential Care Home - Flitwick
- Senior Public Health Intelligence Analyst
- Complaints and Feedback Manager
- Children & Family Support Worker
- Support Worker - Challenging Behaviour
- ICT Service Desk Analyst - Shropshire
- Rehousing Support Workers
- Journey Coach
- Residential Support Worker
- Procurement Category Manager - London
- Auditor - Blackpool
- Global Mobility and International Tax Specialist - Egham
- Public Health Specialist
- OD Professional Lead - Gloucester
- Planning Manager (Busines Support)
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home