Head of Information Technology - Cloud Transformation
Head of Information Technology
A new opening has arisen for a Head of Information Technology, with a well-established B2C organisation of several thousand employees, providing critical public services to tens-of-thousands of customers across the country.
Reporting into the IT Director, you will play a key role in setting a new direction and significantly transforming how IT Services are delivered to the business.
This includes both significant technology investment and transformation and the underpinning operational and service models.
For a strategically minded senior IT leader, this is an opportunity to make a real impact, modernising and transforming Information Technology to support and fuel a very successful, healthily growing (organic & M&A) organisation.
Working closely with peers across Digital, Data and Business Change, you will own, shape and run IT operations and service management, supporting an ambitious roadmap of digital transformation, critical to the organisations strategic goals and objectives.
Work will be varied and demanding, supporting a steady pace of cross functional change, with strategic focus on cloud transformation, operations and service model shift (strategic outsourcing; moving to managed service based teams), introducing Agile, DevOps ways of working and generally maturing a modern practice providing customer focused, scalable services and solutions.
If you're a senior IT leader with strengths in strategic transformation of IT operations and demonstrable experience in successfully leading teams through significant change, we'd like to hear from you.
Required skills and experience;
- Experience of managing IT operations and services in large-scale, complex organisations
- Strong understanding of ITSM best practices (ITIL).
- Experience of leading significant technology modernisation and transformation, including cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc)
- Understanding of strategic operational and service model changes to support new operating models; in particular shift to cloud and more outsourced/managed services.
- Commercial skills, with experience of negotiating major contracts and strategic 3rd party/vendor management
- Resource management; balancing strong operational/BAU excellence and project resource
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence teams, provide direction and driving cultural change
- Confidence in leading technical delivery teams, across infrastructure, EUC, InfoSec, Service Desk etc
- Experience with modern digital workplace technologies including Office 365, MS Teams, SharePoint
- Experience of major, complex multi-site networking, ideally using SDWAN
- Information Security Strategies and operations; creating policies, ensuring initiatives are implemented, maintained and adhered to
- … and more.
Full Job Description available.
This is a vibrant business with an impressive history, now at the leading edge of industry (and still highly profitable in these times).
Exciting opportunity for a people focused senior leader to shape a modern, high performing IT function.
Basingstoke based with flexible working (remote during Covid)
Paying; up to £85,000 per annum + exceptional benefits including bonus, 33 days holiday, Private Medical, Life Cover and a leading pension contribution.
More Jobs from context recruitment
- IT Service Management – Business Analyst
- Project Manager - Connectivity
- Project Coordinator
- IT Project Manager - Manchester
- Business Intelligence Team Lead
- ERP Solutions Consultant – Manufacturing
- Sales Executive - Finance industry
- Head of Public Sector Sales - Managed Services
- Business Change Business Analyst
- Telesales Executive
- ITSM Toolset Manager
- Cloud Data Engineer
- Core Network Manager
- Head of Business Intelligence & Data
- Head of Applications Management
- Core Network Engineer
- Infrastructure Engineer - Projects
- Infrastructure Engineer - Managed Service Provider
- Solutions Architect
- Technical IT Project Manager - contract (inside IR35) - WFH