Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Azure) - remote
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Azure) - Fully Remote - up to £85000 + Bonus
Location: Fully remote (GMT -1 to GMT+2)
A unique opportunity has opened up for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who has a strong background in cloud base networking (Azure), to join this world leading innovator of Renewable Energy / Micro-Finance Institution.
This is a great opportunity to work for a truly remarkable company that are genuinely making a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining infrastructure for application hosting and integration.
You will also be responsible for supporting teams in CI/CD and DevOps practices.
- Currently host all of their servers on Microsoft Azure.
A large portion are hosted on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) with very few left on their legacy traditional VMs.
You will be directly responsible for their shared hosting infrastructure.
- You will be the only dedicated infrastructure engineer on a team of 20+ software developers.
You will get leverage on your time by empowering the developers themselves to manage 90%+ of the infrastructure work (CI/CD, resource scaling, observability, etc.) within a framework you manage.
- You will work an on-call shift, but only occasionally, e.g.
~1 week per month; the rest of the on-call rotation will be handled by other engineers within the team.
- You will be involved in networking configuration for 3rd party service integrations and you will be a key player in security audits for all of our services.
- Experience with the management of application hosting infrastructure in Microsoft Azure (Azure Kubernetes Service)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and an understanding in its value as an approach
- Strong computer networking skills and experience with network security/configuration
- Strong DevOps mentality: you should have an orientation towards eliminating bottlenecks and enabling a broad team of software engineers to deliver value based on a robust shared infrastructure/processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a productive member of a fairly flat team that invests explicitly in a positive and supportive workplace culture.
? Commitment to inclusivity and a belief that “engineering is for everyone”
Benefits: Bonus scheme, Pension, Private Medical Cover
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Compliance Administrator
- Embedded V&V Software Engineer
- Finance Business Partner - 1003950912345751
- Commercial Innovation Lead
- Technical Officer
- Graduate Recruitment Consultant
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant
- Revit Technician
- Senior Scientist I/II, Bioinformatician
- Senior Content Manager
- Process Engineer
- Delivery Supply Manager
- Senior Sourcing Manager - Bulk
- Senior Sourcing Manager - Raw Materials
- Head of Legal (Marine Insurance) - London
- Senior Software Engineer (C++)
- Industrial Engineer
- C++ / Java Developers (Secondment)
- Lead Technical Trainer