Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager - Cambridge area
We are looking for hands on Global Supply Chain Manager to join and manage the growing international supply of products manufactured primarily from a CEM in Malaysia.
The ideal candidate will be willing to liaise closely between engineering and purchasing functions, the principle CEM in Malaysia and all of the component vendors spread across the planet in order to achieve regular, consistent and economic deliveries of hardware to our customers.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have strong familiarity with modern electronic assembly CEM processes and procedures.
- Have strong familiarity with mechanical drawings and mechanical production processes.
- Knowledge of New Product Introduction (NPI), and Technology Transfer.
- In depth knowledge of computerised ERP/MRP/MES manufacturing systems.
- Had previous experience of vendor price negotiations
- Previous assessments of new vendor bases and formally reviewing their suitability as a supplier.
- Previous experience is essential of establishing all the logistical elements of packaging, transport regulations and handling of all domestic and international shipments - import or export.
- A flexible approach as needs dictate.
Main Activities of the role
- Discussing projects and products both up and down the Supply Chain with suppliers, contract assembly houses and customers.
- Establish and maintain constructive communications with all key personnel within key CEM or other supplier.
- Feedback best practice suggestions from CEM to our engineering team to optimise overall product cost and flow.
- Monitor costings, and work with the existing supplier base to achieve the best product cost targets.
- During any new product design phase, assist with selection of all major component vendors, and liaise with those selected.
- Leverage knowledge of known suppliers from an AVL (Approved Vendor List) to help save time, money and effort based on historical data of our products).
- Review supply risks and pre-prepare plans.
Also review alternative parts/vendors to further reduce supply risk.
- Global communications with international vendors, knowing their culture, and auditing where required.
- Distribute forecast and plans, and coordinate efforts to make them achievable.
- Initiate the Purchase Orders process required to fulfil the needs of the company, and cross-checking invoice amounts etc for payment.
- Ensure materials are available for all pre-production builds, and plans are in place for following procurement in line with any production ramp up plans.
- BOM co-ordination between customer and chosen CEM, followed by regular document control to maintain any change traceability.
- Attend any customer meetings to review long term business and their ongoing strategy.
- Establish all the logistical elements of packaging, transport regulations and handling of all domestic and international shipments - import or export.
- UK and International travel may be required from time to time as needed.
- Conduct and assist with internal audits as required.
- Anything else of a reasonable basis that may be required.
More Jobs from Rem Ltd
- Head of Operations - Electronics
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Supply Chain Technician
- (Senior) Technical Project Manager
- Principal Electronics Design Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Software Engineer; C++
- Software Engineer
- Graduate Software Engineer
- Test Engineering Specialist - Electronics
- Senior Electronics Design Engineer
- Senior Hardware Design Engineer
- Lead Electronics Design Engineer - to £70k
- Graduate Embedded Software Engineer/Firmware
- FPGA Design Engineer
- Senior Firmware Engineer
- Machine Learning/Computer Vision Scientist (Home Working)
- Bilingual Automotive Engineers - English/German
- Embedded Software Engineer/Motor Control Engineer