Stem Cell Scientist
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Stem Cell Scientist to join a well known Biopharmaceutical Company with international reputation, focused on the development of a machine that totally automates mammalian cell culture - one of the most painful but important processes in biology.
Our client is looking for a high-growth scientist to join their stem cell program and push the limits of human pluripotent stem cells (PSC) workflows they can automate.
This is a unique opportunity to learn how to execute projects at the interface of engineering and biology.
Job Type: Full-Time / Permanent
Shits: Monday to Friday / 8 hours per day
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and validate methods of automating human PSC (ESC or iPSC) workflows on our systems
- Troubleshoot experiments and identifying abnormal or unexpected trends in data.
- Cross-functional collaborate with hardware and software departments.
- Do his/her part to help run the lab, such as collaborating on ordering reagents, maintenance and banking of cells
- Reporting directly to the stem cell lead
Skills and Requirements:
or PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology or related area
- Hands-on experience with undifferentiated human PSC culture, maintenance and characterization
- Experience with in vitro differentiation of human PSC, e.g., neurons, cardiomyocytes, monocytes
- Robust experimental design and data analysis capabilities
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques, including DNA/RNA isolation, RT-PCR, qPCR, immunostaining, image analysis, and flow cytometry
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Lunch covered daily
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
If interested, please get in touch for a confidential chat with our Consultant via contact details provided or click “Apply” to forward an up to date copy of your CV and, ideally, with a cover letter.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Senior & Staff Nurse - Orthopaedics
- Lead Apheresis Nurse
- CNS Gynaecology Oncology
- Anaesthetics Theatre Practitioner
- Registered Paediatric Nurses - Homecare
- Staff Nurse - Haematology Unit
- Resident Doctor Intensive Care
- Colorectal Oncology CNS
- PICU Nurse
- Band 6 Oncology Inpatients Staff Nurse
- Java Developer
- Software Engineer
- Pre Construction Planner
- Groundwork labourer
- Groundworker , Dumper and 360 Operator