Do you have knowledge of financial regulations (Basel frameworks, etc) or experience of credit / market risk from within financial services? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Our client, a global financial services firm, based in Glasgow, are looking for a Regulatory Controller to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
- Work experience within large Financial services firms or other directly relevant experience
- An Accounting /Finance/Mathematical degree or equivalent.
- Close attention to detail and are highly numerate
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and investigating complex issues to extract key themes and discover root causes.
- An awareness/interest in Financial Markets/products and the Regulatory environment
- Knowledge of Basel framework
- Regulatory knowledge and exposure to credit or market risk
- Supporting the assessment and development for new Regulatory requirements and/or supporting BAU production processes & other strategic deliverables
- Build effective relationships within the Global Regulatory team and with other colleagues /stakeholders across the firm.
- Partner across calculation and reporting teams, supporting reviews, and preparing materials for use in key internal and external reporting submissions and Senior Management signoff meetings.
- Provide coverage across the Glasgow team to support upcoming deployment and integration of processes and new regulatory requirements, whilst continuing to develop integrated services across the global locations.
- Preparation, analysis, and review of various regulatory capital calculation requirements (across Credit and Counterparty Risk, Leverage, Market Risk and Own Funds/Eligible Capital)
- Develop understanding of key Regulatory rules requirements (UK, European & US rule sets) including upcoming CRR II and IFR regulations coming into effect in 2021/21, which will impact across all aspects of calculation, reporting and disclosure
Job reference: 13185
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- TRANSFER AGENCY OVERSIGHT
- IT RISK CONSULTANT
- CLIENT CHANGE MANAGER
- Process Improvement Analyst
- SENIOR PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
- Voting and ESG Analyst
- FUND CONTROLLER
- SMCR Analyst
- RFP Analyst
- LIQUIDITY FUNDING CONTROLLER ASSOCIATE
- REGULATORY CONTROLLER ASSOCIATE
- REGULATORY CONTROLLER
- Global Mobility Analyst
- Senior Product Development Manager - Real Estate
- CALCULATIONS ANALYST
- Governance and Sustainability Analyst
- ADMINISTRATOR - RECONCILIATIONS
- Business Process Analyst
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- CHANGE AUDIT CONSULTANT