Technical and Quality Assistant
We are currently looking for a Technical and Quality Assistant.
Role and Responsibilities
To support the technical department in maintaining product quality, safety and legality throughout the business by ensuring procedures within the company are followed.
- Monitor pro-actively safety, legality and quality issues relating to raw material, WIP and finished goods in production and warehouses to ensure standards are met through the correct implementation of the company's integrated management systems.
- Assist in the management of technical functions including (but not limited to) microbiology, non-conformance's and traceability's/mass balance.
- Assist and/or cover in the management of the monitoring, updating, investigation and progressing of complaints.
- Assist in the management and completion of internal audits.
- Assist in checking and filing process control sheets and technical information data.
- Assist in the management of the control of contractors.
- Assist in monitoring and managing of technical services.
- Attendance to NPD handovers and ensure understand required standards to monitor once in production.
- Conduct regular checks on all lines (including packing) to assure the products quality and legality is at the required standards, including the paperwork and weight checks
- Conduct and/or ensure all routine checks on CCPs (MD & sieves) are carried out correctly and on time.
- Collect, conduct and manage internal taste panel and shelf-life samples.
- Collect required finished product samples and environmental swabs for microbiological testing
- Conduct daily calibration of all scales on site.
- Assist with verification of training and procedures as required.
- Participation in internal meetings, training and staff development when required.
- Undertake other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS (DEPENDENT ON PERSONNEL)
- Assist in the management of the integrated management systems (IMS) (when required).
- Assist in the management of Food Safety Plan (when required).
- Assist in the preparation and management of external audits.
- Assist in the updating and creating of production and packing sheets for the factory floor.
- Assist in the management of Supplier Approval including raw materials and packaging
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
Experience / training to Level 2 or above in Food Safety / Level 2 HACCP
Ideally a food science related degree / qualification or experience
Competent with computer systems and software
Methodical and logical with attention to detail
Ability to work independently as well as being part of the technical team
Ability to handle and keep information relating to the business confidently
Ability to plan time effectively
Good interpersonal and communication skills
More Jobs from Mploy Staffing Solutions
- Recycling Operative / Picker
- Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff
- FLT driver Bendi/ Counterbalance - Permanent -Night
- Returns Warehouse Operative
- Returns warehouse operatives
- Warehouse Operative
- German Speaking Customer Support Advisor
- German Speaking Customer Support Advisor (Temporary)
- Sales Advisor
- Administrator / Receptionist
- Production Operatives
- Marketing Executive
- Security Operatives
- Cargo Handlers
- Quality Engineer
- Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester
- Servicing Administrator
- Night Shift Cleaner
- Production Operatives / Packers
- Finance Manager