Barrel Maker (CNC Machinist/Operator)
Barrel Maker-Permanent-Portsmouth-Salary Competitive-Full-time, Day Shifts Only (Monday-Thursday)
A leading weapons manufacturer is looking for a Barrel Maker to join their machine operation team on a permanent basis.
You will have previous experience operating CNC machines in a shop environment as well as ability to use manual lathes and mills with surface grinding skills a bonus.
There will be use of hand tools and precise material cutting involved in this role too therefore ability to work with both imperial and metric measurements would be beneficial.
Use of Heidenhain, Fanuc controls or XYZ Prototrack controls would be a desirable but not essential skillset as employees will be upskilled and developed by the company.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Abrasive Wheel Certificate
- Good communication skills-both written and verbal English
- Dynamic, motivated individual
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Good attention to detail
Key words: CNC miller, CNC operator, CNC machinist, manual lathes, surface grinder, surface grinding, vertical mills, milling, Fanuc, Heidenhain
Commutable from: Portsmouth, Havant, Waterloovile, Fareham, Chichester, Southampton, Petersfield, Hampshire
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- QC Supervisor (Packaging & Sampling)
- Procurement Supplier Manager
- Software Engineer-MATLAB
- Talent Specialist
- Senior Channels Manager (Marketing)
- Compliance Engineer
- Accounting Administrator
- Streetworks Technician (Permitting)
- Digital Learning Designer and Developer
- Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer (Repairs)
- HV Systems Design Manager
- Medical Director - Rare Diseases
- Director Clinical Research Physician
- Bid Writer/Coordinator
- Multi Skilled Electrical Technician
- Production Technician
- Contracts Manager
- Building and Utilities Engineer
- Senior Project Coordinator
- Medical Advisor Neurology