This is a brand-new opportunity for a newly qualified/part qualified Management Accountant from practice or industry, to join a privately owned, success and growing, family business in Banbury.
You will be responsible for all financial, management and statutory reporting, business partnering and helping management use financial information to inform business strategy.
Whilst the company continues to expand, with a current turnover in excess of £50 million, its family values remain embedded within the organisation, always ensuring constant delivery in terms of both the quality of its products and its customer service.
As Management Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Producing financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Assisting in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting
- Providing management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis
- Ongoing review of cash flow and production of forecasts
- Producing annual statutory accounts in management accounts format
- Calculating, presenting and paying VAT
- Overseeing and preparing annual audit process
- Managing capital expenditure
- Reporting on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensuring compliance with all financial regulations
- Carrying out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operation
- Dealing with various government departments such as HMRC, Companies House and Office for National Statistics
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong commercial awareness
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Proactive in all aspects of role
- High level of computer literacy, especially Excel
- Disciplined and organised
- Understanding of the rigorous working in an owner managed business
- Track record of improving controls and processes
The hours are Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (30 minute unpaid lunch break).
Any additional hours commensurate with role
What's in it for me?
You will be joining a progressive company with a reputation for delivering a quality service.
The salary for this role is depending on experience.
Benefits as follows, 10% Managers Bonus Scheme, Company Pension Scheme 4% employer, 20 days holiday, Group Life Insurance.
- Start: 01/04/2021
- Rate: £DOE + benefits
- Location: Banbury, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
- Tel: 01295 688852
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-04-29 16:57:06 -
- View all Jobs from Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
More Jobs from Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
- Account Manager
- Customer Relationship Executive
- Credit Controller
- Sales Manager
- Finance Assistant - Part - Time
- Trainee Bathroom Designer
- HR Business Partner
- Temporary Legal Secretary - Conveyancing
- Marketing and Communications Executive
- Finance Assistant
- Customer Service / Sales Coordinator
- Machine Operators
- Stock Control Manager
- Customer Service Advisor (life science degree required)
- Sales Executive FTC
- Sales Manager
- Customer Service Advisor
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Administrator
- Finance Assistant - Bicester/Banbury