Principal Naval Architect (Hydrodynamics) x 2
As a Principal Naval Architect you will be working within the Naval architecture Department which is split into four functionally aligned teams; hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, concept design and build support / infrastructure.
You will be using your expertise in mathematical modelling, technical analysis and hydrodynamics to support the hydrodynamics function with the verification and validation of submarine manoeuvring and control requirements.
- Generating evidence to demonstrate that the submarine design, and as-built product, meets its manoeuvring requirements.
- Developing, verifying and validating mathematical models of submarine manoeuvring and control performance.
- Planning and supporting scale model tests.
- Generating manoeuvring guidance documentation.
- A good degree or equivalent qualification in Naval Architecture, Physics or similar.
- Proven experience of developing high value mathematical models.
- Strong Matlab, Python or similar coding capability.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- A background in dynamics, hydrodynamics or control.
- Experience of planning, conducting and analysing tests and trials.
- Good technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Previous experience working on submarine projects.
- Experience of using Paramarine software.
You will have excellent technical and analytical skills, a strong attention to detail and a desire to develop leading edge mathematical models.
You must be able to communicate your ideas and conclusions, which may sometimes be esoteric and nuanced, in a clear and concise manner.
You will be collaborative in your approach in order to build positive, effective and trusted relationships, able to challenge and influence when required.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from aap3 All About People
- Senior PreSales Consultant Workplace Microsoft365
- Data Engineer
- Oracle Financials Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Engineering Project Manager
- Senior Project Professional
- Safety, Health & Environmental Advisor
- Full Stack Developer - C#, Angular
- HR Advisor
- Senior Project Controller
- eCommerce Business Analyst
- Full Stack Developer - Python, Node.JS
- Buisness Analyst - eCommerce
- Commercial Manager
- Technical Author
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Principal Systems Engineer
- Principal Engineer (Explosion Safety)
- Windows Server Engineer