Workshop Supervisor up £17 per hr (£34,476) , plus OT paid at x1.5 after 39 hrs, annual bonus also paid each year.
Monday to Friday - early finish on a Friday, permanent position.
The Workshop Supervisor role is responsible for Production activities in the two workshops based in Dewsbury.
The company are a Market leading vehicle building company and relevant experience within this sector is essential.
The Workshop Supervisor will be responsible for Four production lines, four-team leaders and approx.
Your focus will be on the achievement of build efficiencies, considering at all-time safety of your colleagues, quality performance, on-time delivery, and the implementation of efficiency procedures to maximise production.
The role reports to the Workshop Manager and as such the successful candidate will be required to provide daily and weekly progress updates.
The primary role of the Supervisor is to lead and motivate the team leaders to succeed within a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities of a Workshop Supervisor role
- Work with Production and Workshop Managers to ensure the team achieve their targeted KPIs on safety, quality and delivery.
- Own the implementation and maintenance of efficient production processes and identifying areas of improvement within the current manufacturing methods.
- Plan parts requirements ensuring timely delivery of parts to the lines, including raising requisitions for parts through Purchasing and overseeing the delivery of parts to both Unit 2 and Unit 3 workshops.
- Attend and actively participate in daily and weekly Production Department meetings and Project meetings as and when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the twice-weekly whiteboard meetings.
- Complete and submit weekly build status reports on all contracts in build.
- Increase the speed and efficiency of manufacturing processes without compromising safety or quality.
- Work closely with Production Manager, QA Engineer and Production Engineer to highlight any issues/improvements that can be made on existing products and support the release of new products.
- Train and monitor the team in the correct build methods ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner.
- Maintain records to ensure all production equipment is fully maintained, calibrated and safety tested.
- Report on defective parts and maintain records for Quality Department purposes.
- Responsible for daily housekeeping and maintenance of records; monitoring of the Vanquish clock card system, including booking corrections as needed, and holiday and absence reporting.
- Enforce the PPE and Health and Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Responsibilities will include opening and closing the workshops at the beginning and end of the shift or arranging cover when unavailable.
- The successful Workshop Supervisor should have:
- Relevant previous experience in a team leader or supervisor role.
- Be self-motivated.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication, both written and oral.
- The ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Good organisational skills.
- The ability to work and make decisions under pressure
- Computer literate - proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
If you would like a private chat about the Workshop Supervisor opportunity - please contact RODGER MORLEY at E3 recruitment.
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Machine Operator
- Production Operative
- Process Operator
- FLT Driver
- Machine Operative
- Production Supervisor
- Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
- Mechanical assembler
- Inventory Analyst
- Engineering Maintenance Manager
- Fabricator Welder
- Fabricator Welder
- Nights Electrical Engineer
- IT System Support Specialist
- Electrical Engineer
- Demand Planner
- Paint Sprayer
- Metal Polisher
- Press Brake Operator
- Welder Fabricator