Procurement Manager - Birmingham - 6 Month contract - £450 per day (inside IR35, umbrella) - start date beginning July.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager in Birmingham to implement and monitor agreed strategies for commodity area including development of individual contracts and undertaking procurement, negotiation and contracting.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Develop and implement individual project and steady state contracting strategy proposals including preparation and evaluation of tender documents and negotiation of contracts.
- Provide post contract commercial management support for a range of contracts.
- Provide dedicated support to senior staff in respect of individual projects and/or contract/commercial issues, including ‘rapid response' to potential contract disputes.
- Target specific goods, services and/or suppliers to identify how tangible improvements may be made in the procurement of these goods and service.
- Undertake regular contract management meetings with key stakeholders and suppliers to monitor whether maximum value was delivered via contract.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
- Public sector procurement experience.
- Rail desirable.
- Recognised skills in contractual and commercial matters, with credibility and experience to act as advisor to other staff.
- Successful procurement background with practical intermediate level experience.
- Contributed towards maintaining successful relationships with suppliers.
- Knowledge of relevant contract terms.
- Strong negotiation skills.
37 hours a week Full time, Monday - Friday.
Additional checks will be required on application.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Sterile Programme Manager
- QA Specialist - Engineering Compliance
- QA Specialist - Audit
- Commercial Business Development Manager - 110185-1
- Assistant Business Partner
- Rail Relay and Repairs Engineering Technician
- Advanced Engineering Production Operative - Rail
- Workshop Technician
- Customer Service Administrator
- Business Analyst - RQ437560
- Digital Transformation Project Manager - 5181117
- Capital Strategy Manager
- Structural Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly and Integration
- Accounts Payable Finance Assistant
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Business Support Manager
- Property Manager