Control Software Engineer
Control Software Engineer
Location: Portland, Oregon
$80,000-90,000 per year + Benefits.
A long-standing partner of ours are going through a sustained period of growth with various end-customer projects signed-off over the next 2 years.
The machinery automation market is booming.
Yes, maybe not everywhere and maybe not for all sectors but this is not the case for our customer - a business who are constantly delivering on high value projects and submitting customer bids at a rate of knots.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for playing a key part in the software development for custom automation and robotic systems for these customers.
This will include working on projects from analysing the customer need and developing requirement/specification, component selection, control software design, programming, debug, installation, final buy-off and providing warranty support/upgrades.
Ideally, you will be currently working in a similar environment as a software engineer and have a solid working knowledge/industry experience of C#/VB.Net/GUI programming skills.
You will have experience of working on smaller machinery systems and components such as high precision machining.
- Ideally a bachelor's level education in an engineering or software discipline.
- Demonstrable knowledge and proven experience of C#, VB.Net and GUI development/programming skills.
- A background within the machinery automation market, either in custom/bespoke automation projects or similar.
- Experience or knowledge of motion control or machinery controls and be able to read/interpret a schematic.
This will form part of the handson part to the role - to be able to debug machine control software, electronics, and mechanics in real-time.
- Travel will be expected, up to 25%.
- US Nationals, Green card holders and permanent residency visa holders need only apply.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider those requiring sponsorship.
To be considered, please click ‘Apply' or contact Ben Wiggins at Talos Automation to discuss.
Talos is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Sterile Programme Manager
- QA Specialist - Engineering Compliance
- QA Specialist - Audit
- Commercial Business Development Manager - 110185-1
- Assistant Business Partner
- Rail Relay and Repairs Engineering Technician
- Advanced Engineering Production Operative - Rail
- Workshop Technician
- Customer Service Administrator
- Business Analyst - RQ437560
- Digital Transformation Project Manager - 5181117
- Capital Strategy Manager
- Structural Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly and Integration
- Accounts Payable Finance Assistant
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Business Support Manager
- Property Manager