Personal Advisor- Leaving Care
JOB TITLE: Personal Advisor- Leaving Care
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 18.5 hours a week
PAY RATE: £12 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Personal Advisor- Leaving Care to work with looked after children aged 16 and above; and care leavers aged 18-20.
Our core hours are Mon to Fri, 8.30am-5pm Mon-Thurs; 8.30am-4.30pm Fri
Ideally the person would work alternate Wed, and a Thurs and Fri but we can be flexible around the days.
Currently workers work from home, and travel to do face to face visits, we provide a laptop and smartphone, and PPE.
Workers go into the office occasionally i.e.
maybe once a week to cover duty
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To work to achieve the specific aims and objectives of the Aftercare Service and the Children, Families and Cultural Services Business Plan.
- To work collaboratively with a range of partner organisations to assess, plan and intervene with vulnerable young people and their families.
- To manage a caseload of individual service users in accordance with assessed risk and policies and procedures and the Children Act guidance and regulations.
- To use manual and computerised systems for the recording of information and data and ensure that all relevant records and documents are managed in accordance with policy and procedures and to keep up to date case records in accordance with policy.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of interagency strategies relating to vulnerable young people.
- To attend and contribute to statutory child care reviews and participate in meetings including those in a variety of settings and institutions such as district councils, hospitals and custodial units.
- To work flexibly to meet user need, including unsocial hours as required.
- To undertake specific specialist roles in relation to complex assessment or service development.
- To be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable children and young people in relation to work role and ensure that your line manager is kept fully informed of any concerns.
- To be part of Protection Plans for vulnerable children and young people as necessary.
- To review the needs of identified care leavers to ensure that plans and services reflect current needs and risks using Children Act Pathway Planning Guidance.
- To contribute to the duty arrangements of the Leaving Care team seeing young people by appointment and in crisis, dealing with internal and external enquires, providing support assistance and information as required, recognising the need to involve other more experienced staff where appropriate.
- Enhanced DBS check
- Full driving licence (unless disability precludes this)
- Relevant qualification NVQ level 3 or above 4.
- Knowledge and understanding of human growth and development, and the particular issues relating to young people living care.
- Has experience of pathway plans; or housing/ those in care leaver semi-independent living
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0208 5149 147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Sheffield - PA/Secretary
- Sheffield - Waste Support Officer
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home - Sudbury
- LGV Waste Collection Driver (Category C) - Barnsley
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home - East Grinstead
- HR Data and System Analyst - Swindon
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home - Widnes
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home - Banstead
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home - Manchester
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home - Leigh-on-Sea
- Care Assistant- Adult Residential Home - Buckingham
- Building surveyor facilities management - Cardiff
- Sheffield City Council - Waste Support Officer
- Sheffield City Council - PA/Secretary
- Health and safety officer
- Nottinghamshire County Council - Business Support Administrator
- Senior Customer Service Advisor - Cambridge
- HR Advisor - Oxfordshire
- Grounds Person
- HR Advisor - Cambridge