One of the largest housing associations in Merseyside is recruiting for an experienced Procurement Specialist to take the lead on a wide range of procurement projects and deliver high quality proactive and efficient procurement services.
The focus of this role is to deliver high quality proactive procurement services, achieving best Value for Money through all procurement activity and to maintain a high level of procurement and market intelligence to implement best procurement practice in providing appropriate procurement advice and guidance to key stakeholders within the business.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- To provide sound procurement advice and guidance, in line with internal procurement rules, procedures, guidance, procurement manual and Standing Orders including Public Contracts Regs (PCR2015), consideration of GDPR, social values, sustainability, IR35, VFM and the most appropriate and effective procurement routes available to them for their particular purchase;
- To work with key stakeholders to ensure that procurement plans are in place and adhered to, including provision of /procurement timetables to enable the planning and scheduling of procurement projects in line with the Investment programme, Contracting Programme and available procurement resource;
- To work in close partnership with key stakeholders to create compliant RFQ/ SQ/ Invitation to tender documents which meet the needs of the business, are compliant with procurement procedures and Public Procurement Regs 2015 (including above threshold projects);
- To lead and project manage the procurement of a wide range of Contracts for supplies, services and works including above threshold as instructed by the Procurement Manager, in line with procurement procedures;
- To work closely with technical leads and assist them in drafting Specifications of Requirements and all associated Invitation to Tender documents.
- Chairing tender moderation meetings with internal and external Stakeholders ensuring the consensus view is recorded and reflected in the Award Report and supplier feedback.
- Drafting Tender reports in liaison with key stakeholders evidencing due process and making recommendations for award.
- To utilise e-procurement portal for e- tendering, tender evaluation and Contract Award / Maintaining the Contracts Register;
- To draft Contracts using Standard Forms of Contract or other industry standard forms such as JCT/ NEC3 as may be applicable and advise on Variations, in consultation with the Procurement Manager;
- Working in liaison with the Contract/ Project Manager to develop and agree the Contract Management Plan and checklist for each Contract following award, in line with Contract Management Framework.
- Provide support to Contract Managers, where required, in onboarding and assisting in KPI reporting and dealing with issues or disputes;
- To record achievement of VFM through procurement activity;
To be considered for this Procurement Specialist role it is essential that you have proven experience in a procurement role, leading on the procurement of a wide range of above PCR2015 threshold goods, services and works Contracts as applicable to the Housing Sector.
- You will have a positive and enthusiastic personality with a strong focus on customer service, close attention to detail and positively contribute to the role and team you work in.
- The ability to plan, organise, prioritise work and adapt to changing priorities is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must as is the ability to work with colleagues of all levels, both internal and external.
- Ideally you will be fully proficient in all Microsoft Office packages.
The role will initially be home-based with options for hybrid working moving forward.
However, there will be a requirement to attend meetings at head office in Birkenhead and potentially other locations as deemed necessary to fulfil your role and complete training, therefore it will be beneficial if you are based in the North West.
This is a full time, permanent Procurement Specialist role, offering a salary of £35,449.00
If this Procurement Specialist role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Procurement Specialist role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Procurement Specialist role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Property Manager
- Project Manager
- Electrical Supervisor
- Band 4 Pharmacy Technician
- Family Support Worker
- Staff Nurse
- Warehouse Operative
- Band 7 - CBT Therapist (IAPT)
- Asbestos Technician
- Building Surveyor
- UPVC Installer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Durham Admin
- Housing Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Project Manager Band 7
- Catering Assistant
- Passenger Assistant