Do you have proven experience in a Legal Assistant or Paralegal role, or perhaps are a recent graduate who has decided not to go on to a traineeship? Our Client, a highly respectable asset management firm are recruiting a Paralegal to aid their Legal Department.
The role will provide support to the team, focussing on board reports, drafting contracts and agreements.
Key to the role will be a passion for process improvement and legal technology.
- Ideally proven experience in a Legal Assistant/Paralegal role or graduate who has decided not to do traineeship
- Strong experience of MS Office and a desire to embrace technology change.
- Experience of electronic document management systems (DMS) - iManage, or similar.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining high quality of service.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work; collaborative team player with ability to work.
- Independently using own initiative.
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
- Excellent presentation and written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to drive process improvement.
- Experience in asset management or professional services.
- Ideally accredited Paralegal qualification or similar.
- Drafting agreements, guidance notes and reports.
- Developing process improvement initiatives.
- Liaising with external legal counsel and third parties.
- Conducting legal research and proof reading.
- Providing support in relation to the maintenance of precedents, procedures, know how and internal client guides using online and in-house systems including, but not limited to, iManage, SharePoint and Exchange sites.
- Assisting departmental project implementation and project management.
- Supporting collaboration between the Legal Department teams and the firm.
- Providing general administrative and office support to the Legal Department, such as document management services including preparing and circulating execution copy documents, arranging notarisation of documents and processing invoices.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13550
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- Third Party Management – Relationship Associate
- Dublin Legal Counsel
- HR ASSITANT
- PENSIONS ADMIISTRATOR
- BUSINESS ANALYST - CUSTOMER REMEDIATION
- DB Pension Administrator
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS - SENIOR ANALYST
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
- BUSINESS ANALYST
- Legal Counsel - 12 Month FTC
- Renewables Legal Counsel
- Operational Tax Administrator
- Financial Reporting & Control Manager
- Client Administration Analyst – Corporate Governance
- Investment Operations Analyst
- PROGRAMME MANAGER
- Investment Management Administrator
- Settlements Team Leader
- FINANCIAL ASSURANCE ANALYST
- SENIOR MANAGER - REGULATORY CONTROL