Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manage and Develop site Manufacturing Engineering resource and competency
- Governance of Manufacturing Engineering in support of site Operations, ensuring all Operations processes are carried out in a safe manner with process risks ALARP.
- Responsible Engineering Manager for Operations Process Changes.
- Deploy Manufacturing Engineering resource to the best effect for the business.
- Drive and support the identification and resolution of process and product issues within Operations, relating to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Drive and support, through the CI Strategy & Greenbelt Projects, the implementation of process improvements and Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Drive and support the development and ongoing maintenance of Basis of Safety documentation and implementation of necessary controls.
- Assure manufacturing Process Safety through identification of process risks and implementation of the necessary controls to ensure risks are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Co-ordinate the initiation and management of Engineering Change Control within Operations.
- Ensure Manufacturing Engineering employee competence is defined, recorded, and monitored.
- Provide recruitment and training to address any capability gaps as appropriate.
- Provide mentoring and career development to Manufacturing Engineering employees.
- Review and optimize systems of working relating to the function (Incl.
BMS procedures and policy)
- Proactively review function performance and maintain action plans for function development.
- Proactively energize and engage the function through Leadership, Communication, and Support.
- Support and energise employees across the business to implement their own improvement ideas.
- Science or Engineering degree or equivalent - Manufacturing / Electrical / Mechanical
- Recognised qualification in management - ILM Level 3 or higher equivalent
- NEBOSH certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment of a similarly highly controlled nature (aerospace, automotive, nuclear, pharma, medical devices, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role, responsible for output and leadership of direct reports
- Knowledge of working production environments safety critical aspects and compliances
- Knowledge of the Business Management System and experience producing policy and procedures
- Ability to liaise with regulatory and government related bodies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent numeracy and mechanical comprehension
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from aap3 All About People
- Systems Engineer - UHF/RF Communications
- Microsoft365 Support consultant
- Senior PreSales Consultant Workplace Microsoft365
- Data Engineer
- Oracle Financials Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Engineering Project Manager
- Senior Project Professional
- Safety, Health & Environmental Advisor
- Full Stack Developer - C#, Angular
- HR Advisor
- Senior Project Controller
- eCommerce Business Analyst
- Full Stack Developer - Python, Node.JS
- Buisness Analyst - eCommerce
- Commercial Manager
- Technical Author
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Principal Systems Engineer