Senior Transport Planner
You will be part of an established transport planning team based in London working on private and public sector transport planning projects.
The role involves responsibility for the day-to-day delivery and management of a range of projects, client contact, technical assurance, delivery to programme and budget.
As Senior Planner in this field you will assist in business development and work-winning, contribute to knowledge development and provide support to peers and junior colleagues.
This will involve:
- Project management responsibility of small to medium sized development planning and local government projects with technical support within project teams under the leadership of project director
- Project management of workstreams within much larger projects also under the leadership of project director.
- Taking responsibility for meeting deadlines, managing project programs and for client deliverables.
- Managing the commercial aspects of projects, invoicing and monitoring project budget, spend vs forecast.
- Responsible for technical delivery and challenging methodologies to achieve technical excellence,
- Working and interacting with wider multi-disciplinary professional teams.
- Planning and designing for access by all transport modes, including within urban areas, public realm schemes and at major destinations and interchanges.
- Analysing, modelling, and assessing future transport demands and network requirements.
- Preparing technical and non-technical reports and illustrative material including feasibility reports, options studies, transport assessments and input to environmental statements.
- Attending meetings, presentations and stakeholder consultation events.
- The preparation of bids and associated material.
- Engaging with colleagues to develop new techniques and initiatives and to support career development.
Requirements and skills
- University degree/HNC in a relevant discipline (e.g.
civil engineering, geography, economics, mathematics).
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (e.g.
ICE, CIHT, CILT).
, Typically, around 6-8 years' experience in transport planning, modelling and design development for new development sites.
- Experience of project engagement with private / public sector clients;
- Demonstrable record of undertaking and managing the technical and delivery aspects of projects related to cities and development, with a range of complexity and fee budgets;
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in local highway network analysis areas (such as TRANSYT, Junctions, LINSIG, VISSIM / Aimsun).
- Working knowledge of DfT and Transport for London assessment and modelling guidance.
- Experience of UK Town & Country Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment processes and requirements.
- Experience of applying transport design guidance in a cities context (e.g.
DMRB, Manual for Streets, cycling and bus design standards).
- Knowledge of successful travel planning techniques including measures to encourage walking, cycling and the use of public transport.
- Experience in the application of both GIS and AutoCAD (including Autotrack) software for transport planning projects.
- Experience of engagement with local transport authorities, operators and the public.
- Excellent report writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work pro-actively, under own initiative within project teams led by project managers.
- A Masters degree in a relevant discipline (e.g.
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of working on projects in the London and South East area.
- Knowledge of planning for all modes, including walking, cycling, bus operations and public realm enhancements.
- Knowledge of developing solutions for all modes including walking and cycling infrastructure, identifying demands, design requirements and delivery mechanisms.
- Track record of developing innovative solutions to complex transport problems.
- Working towards an appropriate professional qualification in the transport industry.
- Enthusiastic and capable of developing externally facing role engaging with clients and co-professionals moving into a work winning role as your career progresses
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Sterile Programme Manager
- QA Specialist - Engineering Compliance
- QA Specialist - Audit
- Commercial Business Development Manager - 110185-1
- Assistant Business Partner
- Rail Relay and Repairs Engineering Technician
- Advanced Engineering Production Operative - Rail
- Workshop Technician
- Customer Service Administrator
- Business Analyst - RQ437560
- Digital Transformation Project Manager - 5181117
- Capital Strategy Manager
- Structural Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly and Integration
- Accounts Payable Finance Assistant
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Business Support Manager
- Property Manager