HGV/LGV Driver with HIAB
LARGE GOODS VEHICLE DRIVER WITH HIAB (PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS A HGV DRIVER / LGV DRIVER –HARLOW, ESSEX – BASIC SALARY AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Are you good with customers?
Want local drops with no long-haul or late nights needed?
A Large Goods Vehicle Driver with HIAB (previously known as a HGV Driver) / LGV Driver required for our client who is a leading UK business.
Celebrating 20 years of growth in the UK, our client has grown and developed from a small independent business into a national giant representing some of the UK’s leading builders and plumbers merchants.
Our client employ approximately 2300 brilliant people and we work from around 145 branches around the UK
Our clients Group's portfolio of businesses incorporates a number of market leading brands within the building and plumbing industry.
The provision of a timely, friendly and dependable delivery service to our clients customers.
Act as an ambassador of our clients business, working as part of a team ensuring that our clients customers’ expectations are not just met, but exceeded.
Key Responsibilities: To:
- Provide an efficient, timely and dependable delivery service.
- Undertake manual loading on and off vehicles.
- Ensure that the vehicle is road worthy by carrying out appropriate checks on a routine basis.
- Ensure that the vehicle, crane or forklift is driven and maintained in an appropriate and courteous manner and in line with legislation, health and safety guidelines and company policy.
- Report any vehicle, crane or forklift defects immediately to line/branch manager.
- Ensure that tachograph and other essential documents are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Build effective working relationships with customers acting as an ambassador for the clients business.
- Responsible for ensuring all orders are correctly loaded onto the vehicle in line with health and safety procedures and proper documentation is completed prior to departure in order that goods can be tracked.
- Ensure that delivery notes have correct signatures as per company policy.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- To perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Working from the Harlow, Essex branch with local deliveries
- As a Large Good Vehicle Driver you MUST have a current Class 2 (Category C) LGV licence AND experience of a similar role
- A current Driver Qualification Card (DQC) is essential.
- Ideally Lorry Loader (HIAB) licence and experience
- You should be prepared to use initiative when delivering orders to ensure that the customer’s needs are met whilst not compromising health and safety regulations.
- Should be willing to be flexible in duties undertaken e.g.
warehouse duties, as and when required.
- Be naturally curious to spot those sales opportunities
- Live within a commutable distance to the Harlow, Essex branch.
- A Competitive Basic Salary
- 23 days annual leave
- Company bonus scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- A fantastic discounted shopping website
- A generous staff discount scheme
- A range of training and development programmes to help you progress your career
Follow us on twitter @ awconsultingltd
In respect to the above role(s), Anderson Wright Consulting Ltd operates as an Employment Agency
LARGE GOODS VEHICLE DRIVER WITH HIAB (PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS A HGV DRIVER / LGV DRIVER – HARLOW, ESSEX – BASIC SALARY AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- Start: Immediate
- Duration: Permanent Full-Time
- Rate: Competitive Basic & Excellent Benefits
- Location: Harlow, Essex
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Anderson Wright Consulting Ltd
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Tel: 0845 475 3118
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MA/R/HGV/CM20
- Posted: 2021-07-08 19:39:59 -
- View all Jobs from Anderson Wright Consulting Ltd
More Jobs from Anderson Wright Consulting Ltd
- Customer Service Advisor
- Housing Disrepair Solicitor / Fee Earner
- Personal Injury Solicitor / Fee Earner
- Clinical Negligence Solicitor
- Project Coordinator
- Telesales Executive
- Customer Marketing Manager
- Development Manager
- Head of Support
- Kitchen Showroom Sales Assistant
- Hire Technician - Plant & Tool Hire
- Family Support Worker - Autism Services
- Hire Driver (Class 2) / Fitter
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- Senior Recruitment Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- HGV/LGV Driver
- Hire Controller - Plant & Tool Hire
- Kitchens Installations Manager
- Self Employed Kitchen Fitter