Cleaning Contract Manager
AR194 – Cleaning Contract Manager
Salary: £25,000 + Vehicle + Phone + tablet
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Cleaning contract manager in the Wantage area.
To manage operational support at contract level and ensure that all operational requirements of the contracts are met.
To interface with clients and ensure the Operations Manager is kept fully informed of any issues that evolve on site as necessary and to manage all directly employed staff including Area and Site Supervisors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contracts in the Oxford, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire area
First Military Recruitment encourage applicants from ex-military personnel, however, all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of operational support at contract level, ensuring that all operational requirements of the contracts are met.
This includes the provision of cover cleaning operatives, often at very short notice and may require the Contract Manager to personally clean the site if cover cleaning operatives cannot be sourced.
- Operational planning at contract level with responsibility for contract performance and monitoring.
The Operations Manager must be informed of any issues.
- Client interface.
This will include listening to the clients, taking notes, advising the client when you hope to get back to them, investigating, solving issues if possible and reporting back to clients as promised, keeping the Operations Manager and other staff / Directors informed as necessary.
- Management of all directly employed staff including Area and Site Supervisors including recruitment and selection, training, performance management and staff retention.
Checking documentation to confirm employee identity, address, right to remain and work in the UK etc in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Checking / processing of time-sheets and liaison with payroll department to ensure submission to meet deadlines.
- Management of budgets in liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Collation and reporting of management information and the development of management systems.
- Auditing and logging results on CAFM system to ensure KPI and SLA targets are achieved and maintained.
- Contact point for enquiries from the company’s departments including sales, stores, administration, accounts, HR and payroll.
- Stock control - ensuring that sites have correct stock products and levels on site.
- Provision and maintenance of Site Reference Manuals at all sites in designated area including Health & Safety documentation, Environmental documentation and COSHH data sheets.
- Carrying out risk assessments as required and sending them back to the Risk Management Focal Point.
Ensuring method statements are in place and are being followed.
- Following the Company Environmental Policy, report any noted non-conformances in respect of instructed Environmental procedures to Environmental Focal Point.
- Attending new client site meetings, assisting with setup and provision of staff.
Liaising with HR regarding TUPE transfer.
- Maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude to clients and staff and ensuring the company is always presented in a positive manner.
- Use of computer system in accordance with the company’s procedures, including email.
- Occasional tasks from the office at the discretion of the management and any additional ad-hoc duties as required.
- Understanding and implementing the company’s organisation, services, standard procedures and policies.
- Taking part in training and meetings as required.
- Informing the HR Manager of any personal or health issues that are causing concern and Payroll Department any change of personal information such as home address, telephone number etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous contract management and supervisory experience within facilities management/cleaning
- Experience in a customer – facing role including complaint management and problem resolution
- Clean valid British driving license
- Valid DBS required
- Excellent task planning skills
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- BICS’s Assessor
- NVQ Level 3 – cleaning and support services
- NVQ Level 3 – Management
Salary: £25,000 + Vehicle + Phone + Tablet
More Jobs from First Military Recruitment
- Senior Structural Engineer
- HGV Class 1 Drivers
- Application & Integration Engineer
- Groundsman [Gardener]
- FM Administrator
- Fire & Security Engineer - Service
- Night Porter
- Contract Supervisor [Waste Management]
- Accounts Manager
- Fabrication and Welding Instructor
- Class 2 Driver
- Associate Structural Engineer
- Machine Operatives
- Maintenance Electrician
- Vehicle Handover Specialist
- Production Operatives
- Trainee Sales Executive
- Digital Enquiry Agent
- Digger Operator