Project Manager - Police
Service Care Solutions are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work on a full-time contract in South-West London.
Working within the Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (CTPHQ), the Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of specific projects and work packages within the national Counter Terrorism and Protective Security (CT & PS) change portfolio.
The Project Manager will be deployed to lead change projects or provide support to the Senior Project Manager and/or Programme Manager.
Day-to-day management and delivery of projects or workstreams across the change lifecycle to agreed parameters (time, cost, quality).
Proactively manage discrete projects or project work packages, reporting into either the Senior Project Manager or Senior Responsible Owner, including; management of blended (staff and contractor) project or workstream teams, maintenance of specific programme or project management products, putting in place and active management of appropriate project governance, project plans, risk and issue registers, tracking and monitoring updates, managing escalations and effective change control.
More specifically independently leading on (on behalf of the SRO) or supporting the Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager to:
- Ensure allocated project(s) maintain a defined PPM maturity, as directed by the Portfolio Office.
- Develop Business Cases at appropriate points of the project lifecycle and then ownership and management of these cases through the multi stage CTPHQ governance process.
- Facilitate and coordinate workshops to assist in the development of programme and project management products.
- Manage programme and project Change Control Request (CCR) processes in line with portfolio office standards, ensuring that all change governance decisions and actions are proactively followed through effectively and audited appropriately.
- Financial management and forecasting
- Use of Portfolio Office templates
- Stakeholder Management
- PPM Risk Management
- Analysing options to support
- Assurance of Business Change activity
- Business Case Writing
- Collecting and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Creative Thinking
- Management and Status Reporting Microsoft Excel
- Presentation and verbal communications skills
- Resource planning
- Workshop design
- Stage-Gate Assurance
- PPM Planning & Dependency Management
- PPM Issue Management
- PPM Governance Design
- PPM Mgmt report & dashboard design
- PPM Benefits Management
- PPM Resource planning & forecasting
- PPM Financial management
- PPM Change Control
- Good levels of previous experience working within a project and programme management environment.
- Knowledge of or direct experience in applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP, Agile and PRINCE2.
- Experience of establishing and implementing project control mechanisms in a project and/or programme or business environment.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is desirable.
- PRINCE2: Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
If this is something you could be interested in, please just call Martin Cookson on 01772 208962.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Noise & Nuisance Officer
- Noise Officer
- Band 7 CBT Therapist
- Senior Contracts Manager
- Recycling Operative
- Class 2 Driver
- Procurement Officer
- HR Client Services Administrator - Police
- Prison Mental Health Nurse
- Prison Nurse
- Pharmacy Technician
- Healthcare Assistant Prison
- Recovery Worker - Prison
- Prison Administrator
- Prison Nurse - Healthcare
- Family Support Worker
- Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Support Worker